Try these cheap and easy vegan meal ideas that are tasty and easy on the wallet. Vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike will enjoy these recipes.
Fake meats and soy products can be expensive and many vegetarian recipes call for pricey and hard-to-find ingredients. It is nice to have simple and affordable recipes on hand that will satisfy one’s palette and budget. These vegetarian and vegan recipes are easy to make, delicious, and will please even picky eaters.
Easy Vegetarian and Vegan Meal Ideas
Easy Vegetarian Veggie Wraps
Use any canned, frozen, fresh, and/or leftover veggies to make quick and easy veggie wrap sandwiches.
- Dice and roast the veggies for 20–30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Season with salt and pepper. Or, for a traditional flavor use garam masala seasoning blend and/or curry powder for an Indian wrap. Red pepper flakes or a hot pepper blend can give spiciness to the veggies.
- Heat tortillas and fill them with the roasted veggie mixture.
- Smear with a spread that matches the chosen seasonings. Some suggestions are mustard, hummus, or salsa.
- Fresh veggies such as tomatoes, sprouts, or cucumbers can be added at this time as well.
- Wrap and enjoy!
Easy Homemade Veggie Burgers
These vegan burgers do not require tofu or special bread crumbs, just things found in the average kitchen.
- Take 2 cups canned, frozen, fresh, and/or leftover veggies and dice them finely and cook in a skillet until tender.
- Toss in 1 drained can of beans. Pinto, black or garbanzo work well.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ c. ketchup and 1/8 c. mustard.
- Mash with a potato masher until blended but still chunky.
- Stir in ½ c. bread crumbs. This is a great way to utilize leftover, stale bread. Just dry out and turn into crumbs in a food processor.
- Chill for an hour or more.
- Make into patties and grill or cook in a skillet.
- Serve on a bun, wrap in a tortilla or eat as is with a fork.
Easy Vegetarian Taco Salad
Feel free to add cheese or sour cream if vegetarians are dining. Vegans may add guacamole or any vegan topping on hand.
- Heat 2 cans of drained black beans, 1 jar of salsa, and 1 small package of frozen corn in a skillet or pot.
- Add diced peppers of any type if desired.
- Cook until heated through.
- Pour over crushed tortilla chips onto each plate.
- Top with fresh veggies such as lettuce, tomatoes, or avocado.
- These can also be made into walking tacos by pouring the mixture into an individual-sized bag of crushed tortilla chips. Eat with a spoon.
These easy, low-cost vegetarian/vegan recipes will save time and money. They are filling, tasty, and can be made with a variety of simple ingredients that are readily available and inexpensive. Enjoy eating well and keeping money in your pocket by fitting these items and ideas into any cooking repertoire.
Pin it for later:
You might also like: