There are several things you can do that will save on gas. All of the following tips are things that are easy to do, and will not require a lot of extra effort on your part. Gas prices will not be dropping anytime soon, so it is best to start implementing gas-saving strategies now so that they will become habits.
5 Easy Tips to Save on Gas
1. Combine Your Trips: Want to use lots of unnecessary fuel? Make multiple trips. Several short trips taken in your car will cost you almost twice as much as one long drive. If you have lots of errands to run during the week, consider condensing these all into a one-day, one-trip affair.
2. Do Not Take the Long Way Home: If you have a GPS, use it to show you the shortest routes from point A to point B. Even if these are places that you frequently go to, you just might be surprised to learn that there is a shorter way to get there. If you do not have a GPS, no problem. There are several websites that allow you to plot the shortest routes online.
3. Travel Early and Late: You likely have no control over the times that you drive to and from work, but for everything else, consider traveling during times when there is not much traffic on the road. Getting stuck in traffic, or having to sit through several red lights, will use up more gas. If you are an early bird, or a night owl, use this to your advantage.
4. Pick A Spot, Quickly: Sure, we all want that parking spot that is close to the door, but driving around the parking lot for ten minutes while waiting for it burns a lot of unnecessary gas. Instead, pick the first open spot, and park. Most of us could use the extra exercise anyway.
5. Wear Your Shades: A cheap sunshade for your windshield will reduce the temperature in your car by quite a bit. These only take a few minutes to put up or take down. Once you get back into your car, you will be able to drive for a longer period of time before turning on the air conditioner if you use a sunshade. Sunshades only cost a few bucks, and sometimes they can even be found at the dollar store.
Pin it for later:
All of these easy tips add up to big savings on fuel costs. Most Americans are now struggling to pay for gasoline, and these tips are one way to win this battle.
You might also like: