We moms wear a lot of hats! We’re household managers, cooks, housekeeping delegators, family financiers, home educators, and maybe even work inside or outside the home. Handling all these responsibilities can become rather cumbersome and can leave our motivation and well-being sorely lacking.
We become weary—weary beyond what words can express. At times our parenting lifestyle feels lonely, our prayers hit the ceiling, and we, the usual full-time encouragers desperately long for support and encouragement for ourselves.
Well, the good news is we are never alone, and we have an available 24/7 cheerleader and encourager at our fingertips—His name is Jesus! And He’s in the business of giving His presence, grace, and fail-proof promises the weary mom! Below are some of the bible verses for moms that He has brought to my mind when I’m feeling most weary and discouraged. I hope they’ll bring hope and encouragement to you too!
10 Bible Verses for Moms
*Note*: references quoted from the ESV version of the Bible, unless otherwise noted.
1. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
2. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
3. Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
4. Psalms 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
5. Romans 8:26 “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.”
6. Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
7. John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
8. Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (NLT)
9. 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
10. Psalms 63:8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.”
Do you have a favorite Bible verse that you cling to? I’d love to hear it. Share it in the comments below.
Pin it for later:
You might also like: