This time of year, we always have tomatoes and cucumbers in the fridge. The last few weeks at church, someone has been bringing a tomato cucumber salad for potluck. And I LOVE it. This fresh summer salad is so easy to make.
Do you like salads in the summer? They are my go-to — I eat a variety of salads in the summer. If you haven’t tried this one, make it. It’s so easy! I really do love fresh tomatoes as well. There’s nothing like buying a fresh tomato from my local organic farm.
It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.Lewis Grizzard
Tomato Cucumber Salad Ingredients
With only 8 very easy ingredients, you’ll have most of these on hand. All you need for this delicious salad recipe is:
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 roma tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Tomato Cucumber Salad Directions:
- Peel (optional) and slice cucumbers and cut into quarters.
- Slice tomatoes and cut into quarters.
- Peel onion and cut in half. Set one half aside.
- Slice and cut in half, breaking apart all slices.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes and onion to a bowl. Pour in wet ingredients and spices. Toss well.
- Alternatively, you can prepare the vinaigrette dressing first by mixing wet ingredients and spices, then pouring over cucumber mixture.
- Chill for an hour, then serve.
Voila! Enjoy this fresh summer salad with your friends and family this month.
What’s your favorite summer salad?
Pin it for later:
Save this recipe to your Salad Pinterest Board, or any relevant board, today!
You might also like: