I started Weight Watchers with my sister on Tuesday, June 12. I’d like to lose this baby weight and the 15 extra lbs that I had put on before I got pregnant. The first two weeks have been difficult. I am craving everything that I should not eat. Every day, I want chocolate and potato chips, maybe for the simple reason that I shouldn’t eat that, at least not as often any more. I stayed strong and the first weigh-in (on June 19), I lost 2.2 lbs. I started exercising again this week. Just walking, but that is better than no exercise. I think that my weight loss at the next weigh-in will reflect that. I hope. I pray.
What I really like about Weight Watchers:
- I can eat the food I want (if I want chocolate or chips, I can, I just have to count the points)
- I get to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I’d like (they are 0 points) – this is so cool. I definitely take advantage of this.
- I get 14 extra points since I am breastfeeding – some days it is difficult to get all my points in, it is a lot of food actually.
- I have 49 extra points per week, so I can splurge every now and then (for example, I splurged a bit with my husband on Father’s Day)
So here is one of my favorite Weight Watchers desserts (I made this one up, but I am sure someone else made it up too!)
- Strawberries, sliced (I use 10, but you can use what you’d like) – 0 Points
- 6 Tbs Light Whipped Cream – 1 Point
- 3 Graham Cracker Squares, broken up – 1 Point
Mix all together and you have a great bowl of yummy “Strawberry Pie” – Weight Watchers style of course for a total of 2 points!
Have you done a weight loss program before?
Was it successful?
*Disclosure: I was not compensated for writing this post. I am not affiliated with Weight Watchers, nor did I write this for them. All opinions are mine alone.