Excerpted from Once Upon a Rind In Hollywood by Rachel Riederman. Copyright © 2023 Ulysses Press. Reprinted with permission from Ulysses Press. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
As you know, we are big Twilight fans in the Long House. We’ve visited Forks and La Push, Washington many times and brought many family and friends on a self-guided Twilight movie tour. So when I saw this new book that had a fun Twilight movie cheese board – I knew that I wanted to share it with you.
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BRIE-KING DAWN Cheese Board
You don’t have to be named Bella to enjoy this Italian-inspired board. Fans of both the books and movies will enjoy the apple and flower imagery we know and love so well from the series. This selection of apples, dark chocolate, crostini, and biscotti paired with gorgonzola and salami is sure to bring the whole pack together and make your friends exclaim, “You brought a snack!”
The Twilight Movie Cheese Board
- 1 Rome or Macintosh apple
- 1 Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady apple
- 6 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- Mixed Berry Baked Brie Bites (see page 20)
- Charcuterie Rosettes (see page 21)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 Mulino Bianco Cioccograno cookies or other Italian cookies of your choice
- 2 cups mini biscotti, preferably with dried red fruit and nuts
- 1 handful of assorted breadsticks or crackers
- 3 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate bar, coarsely broken into medium to large pieces
- ½ cup Marcona almonds
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Homemade Crostini (see page 21)
- pomegranate juice, to serve
The Cheese Board
MIXED BERRY BAKED BRIE BITES Ingredients
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 8 ounces brie
- ¼ cup mixed berry jam
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- flaky sea salt, to taste
MIXED BERRY BAKED BRIE BITES Directions
- To make these mini baked brie bites with mixed berry jam, which are a nod to the berry cobbler Charlie Swan eats every week, preheat the oven to the temperature suggested on the package of puff pastry. Lightly spray a mini 24-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Gently unroll the thawed puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll into an even shape, then cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 even strips and crosswise into 6 even strips. Each of the 24 squares will be about 2½ inches on each side. Gently separate the squares and press them into the mini muffin pan to create puff pastry cups, leaving the corners pointing upward. With the tines of a fork, prick the bottom of each puff pastry in 2 or 3 places.
- Leaving the rind on, cut the brie into 1-inch cubes. Place 1 cube in each puff pastry cup, then add a small dollop, or ¼ teaspoon jam, over the brie, and top with a sprinkling of chopped pecans, if using.
- Bake until the puff pastry is golden brown and crispy, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before adding a sprinkling of flaky sea salt. Carefully remove the mini bites from the muffin pan while still warm to prevent sticking. Makes 24 brie Bites.
TIP: The mini bites are best made fresh and served warm. However, they can be assembled the night before and left in the fridge until ready to bake.
- 4 ounces salami of your liking, very thinly sliced
- Fold a slice of salami over the opening of a glass with a small mouth, like a champagne flute or a shot glass, making sure that half of the slice hugs the inside of the glass and half the outside.
- Take the next slice, fold it, and place it halfway over the previous layer, again being careful that half of the slice is inside the glass and half outside. Press and mold the layers together with your fingers to keep the shape. The more layers you add, the fuller your rose will be.
- Flip over the glass and remove the rosette so that the layered parts sitting inside the glass now face up. Gently mold the layered slices into a round shape if needed, and your rosette is complete. Repeat the process to make the second rosette.
- 1/2 baguette or demi baguette, sliced about 3/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- fine sea salt, to taste
HOMEMADE CROSTINI Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the slices evenly with garlic powder, if using.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with fine sea salt while warm.
A fun Twilight movie cheese board is a fun girls’ movie night idea! I know my girl would love to have her friends over to binge the Twilight movies and snack on this fun cheese board.
Pin it for later: