What is an Affirmation?
- the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed
- emotional support or encouragement.
An affirmation can also be used interchangeably with positive affirmations. This is the practice of positive thinking and often embracing self-empowerment.
Positive affirmations are simple sentences that people use to describe how they want to be, or how they want their circumstances to be, in a way that affirms that it’s already true, or on its way to becoming true.
Of course, I love the idea of positive affirmations. those who know me, know that I like to stay positive, speak positivity, and think positive thoughts. So instead of just embracing positive affirmations, I decided to dwell specifically on Christian affirmations. In fact, I scoured the internet for some of my favorite Bible verses that can be used as a positive affirmation.
Here are the 18 Bible verses that I found that are perfect to use for positive Christian affirmations:
- God’s power works best in my weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- My faith makes me whole in spirit, soul and body. Mark 5:34
- I can see the Kingdom of God because I am born again. John 3:3
- The fruit I produce brings great joy to God, my Father in Heaven. John 15:8
- As I follow Jesus… I have peace. Luke 24:36
- The cross of Christ is my power. 1 Corinthians 1:17
- My God meets all my needs. Philippians 4:19
- Because I place my hope in the Lord my strength is renewed. Isaiah 40:31
- God is my refuge and strength. Psalm 46: 1
- I set my heart and mind on things above… this gives me peace. Colossians 3:1-2
- I guard my heart because it determines the course of my life. Proverbs 4:23
- I trust God at all times because he is my refuge. Psalm 62:8
- I live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 12:7
- Because I believe in God and in Jesus, trouble leaves my heart. John 14:1
- I follow Jesus, no matter where he leads me. Matthew 6:20
- I worship the Lord my God and serve only him. Luke 4:8
- I am being made holy by God’s truths. John 17:17
- The same love that God has for Jesus is in me. John 17:26
Which Bible verse would you love to dwell on daily? Do you have a favorite one to add? When picking a Christian affirmation it’s nice to pick a short, positive, present tense affirmation.
Printable Christian Affirmations
In honor of these amazing Bible verses. I created a printable for you to print out. You can look at a verse daily or weekly and really use it to change the focus of your mind.
Pin it for later: