Our family really loves lavender. We’ve shared many fun lavender blog posts. Here in the PNW many people have lavender in their front yards and we also have a variety of amazing lavender farms. Do you love the smell of lavender? We like to us it in beauty products, inside sachets for the clothing drawers, and my Isabella even loves lavender tea.
Lavender Lotion Bar
You only need five fairly simple ingredients. Don’t you love Amazon? You can find everything you need and ship it right to your home in two days with Amazon Prime.
You all obviously know what lotion is, but some of you might not be familiar with a lotion bar. A lotion bar is simply a solid lotion. It might look like a soap but it acts like a lotion. This homemade lavender version is great for you skin.
Visit my blog post ==> 40 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil to learn why I love lavender so much.
Besides five ingredients you’ll also need a few kitchen items to make your own lotion bars.
- 1.5 ounces Unrefined African Shea Butter
- 1.5 ounces coconut oil
- 1.5 ounces Beeswax Pellets
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender leaves
- 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
- Kitchen scale
- 4 cup measuring cup
- Mini muffin/cupcake tin
Lotion Bar Directions:
- Measure your ingredients out by weight, using the kitchen scale.
- Layer the shea butter, coconut oil and shea butter in the measuring cup in the order they are listed.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir well. Repeat this step until everything is fully melted. The beeswax pellets will take the longest to melt.
- Remove from microwave, and add essential oil and dried lavender leaves. Stir well.
- Pour into mini muffin/cupcake tin, filling each just over halfway. This will fill 8 cavities, making 8 lotion bars.
- Bars will set in about 30-40 minutes.
These are great Mother’s Day gift idea. They’d also be a fun women’s ministry get-together event.
Pin it for later:
You might also like: