How about a more clear vision for your family in 20/20? Yes, I know you’re seeing that theme a lot since we’re entering a new decade. But, having a family goal and vision for the new year is a great idea. Family success can happen when we focus on the important things in life. When our vision is clear.
Building for Family Success in the New Year
In 2020 let’s focus on the following eight items:
Sit down with your family and look at each of these topics. In fact, I have a free Bible-based family success kit that you can fill in. Each topic has space for you to cast your family vision and includes a corresponding Bible verse.
The last page of the free family success printable will give your family great activity ideas to do for each other and others. These 25 different activities include:
- give your sibling 3 compliments
- show honor in a new way to a parent today
- make a friend something special
- give a stranger a compliment
- seek to show compassion to a hurting friend
- tell someone the truth in love this week
- thank the Lord in prayer for his forgiveness
- offer forgiveness to someone who has hurt you
- enjoy a fun family movie night with popcorn
- play a new game together as a family
- and so much more!
This Christmas break we’ve had a fun family movie night with popcorn and we’ve learned a new game. (Check out the new game we’ve been playing on our Instagram page.)
I really do want to implement volunteering, serving, and not complaining on this list. How do you want to build your family this new year? I’d love more ideas and even more activities.