In our house, we like to do simple crafts. The kids love crafting and when it’s affordable and can be gifted to others — well that’s a big win. Like our bottle cap magnet DIY, these glass gem magnets are also so easy to make, and make cute little gifts for friends, neighbors and teachers. With Teacher Appreciation Week coming up, why don’t you make a few?
Glass Marble Magnets
With only six supplies necessary to make these clear glass magnets, you are sure to find a few of these things around the house. Almost everyone has paper, pencil and scissors right?
- Clear gems with flat bottom
- Designer paper
- Mod Podge
- Round magnets with adhesive back
Products from Amazon.com
You could also use things other than designer paper — for instance a photo or your favorite treat wrapper? Get creative and make magnets out of what you love.
- Place a clear gem on the designer paper, right over the design that you want to show on it.
- Using a pencil, trace the form of the gem.
- Cut out the form you traced with the scissors.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the gem.
- Place the paper form cut out onto the gem, design side down.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge over the paper form and let dry.
- Remove the backing from the magnet and adhere to the back of the gem.
- Put on the refrigerator or other magnetic surface.
Pin it for later: