What is a Giving Plate
The Giving Plate is a heartwarming tradition that encourages friends and loved ones to refill and pass the plate again and again. Bring this plate to your holiday gatherings to share treats and recipes with friends and family. It’s the perfect hostess item to put sweet Thanksgiving treats on, or the perfect plating backdrop for your next food recipe.
5 Ideas For Sharing This Tradition
- Pile delicious treats on this stylish plate and take it as a hostess gift for Thanksgiving. Then, let the host or hostess know that the plate is being left as your gift. Be sure to encourage them to pass it on and share the gift of love for the holidays and all year long.
- If you’re not all that social or your family is very small, take this plate to special community members. First, load it up with delicious treats and deliver it to your local post office, a fire station, or school as a generous way to share your appreciation for the various services you enjoy. Finally, be sure to include a thank you note with an explanation about the giving plate tradition.
- See how far the Giving Plate can travel. First, send it to a relative or a friend in another state or even another country. Then, encourage them to help you “follow” its path with photos and stories of blessings shared as it travels the world.
- Host an annual dinner to celebrate the blessings shared as the Giving Plate traveled from home to home. Provide slips of paper for guests to write down the blessings they’ve received that year. Keep these notes of gratitude in a memory jar and pass it along with the Giving Plate.
- Use a paint pen* to sign the bottom of the plate or add a short personal message as you pass it along. Include a card that encourages your loved one to sign the plate and pass it on. (*Paint markers are often not labeled food safe, so be sure to decorate on the bottom of the plate only.)
Precious Moments Giving Plate
Share more than great recipes this holiday season and help ensure no child goes hungry with the Precious Moments Giving Plate. Now, sharing treats with friends can help feed children in need, with 5 percent of profits from The Precious Moments Giving Plate donated towards Feed the Children.
The Precious Moments Giving Plate is more than a gift. You will know you are doing more than sharing food, but also giving support to children in need. These donations are used to help eradicate childhood hunger and create a healthy foundation for children and families to break the cycle of poverty.
“Celebrate life’s precious moments with FAMILY and FRIENDS
Enjoy the gifts on this plate and the LOVE it sends
To make sure the GIVING never ends
Fill it up pass it on and watch how JOY transcends!”
-Poem featured on the 2018 Precious Moments Giving Plate
Connect with ChristianBook.com
Win this Precious Moments Plate
One lucky Long Wait For Isabella reader will win their own Precious Moments Giving Plate. Enter the Rafflecopter form below with your Facebook account or email address. Open to US residents 18+.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine alone.