A fun Easter recipe for muddy buddies using Cadbury Eggs — the whole family is sure to love this one. This Muddy Buddies recipe is so easy to make too! Some people call this puppy chow, but I prefer muddy buddy! Basically this is peanut butter muddy buddies with an Easter candy twist.
[amazon_link asins=’B0048UIC9E,B00J7ODICM,B00PXVJY5S’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’wpplugin01-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7c3e4e13-2ebb-11e8-ab48-65d46dfdc81f’]
Easter Recipe for Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Chex cereal – 3 cups each Rice, Corn and Wheat Chex
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided in (3) ⅓ cup portions
- ½ cup yellow candy melts
- ½ cup pink candy melts
- ½ cup blue candy melts
- 1 small bag Mini Cadbury Eggs
[amazon_link asins=’B00HE5YK2I,B01EOKC4TQ,B00GMPGW3Q,B00A36SCWO,B00PJCYOWE’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’wpplugin01-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0f8a95f3-2ebc-11e8-bb30-1b5205dc7b53′]
- Place each type of Chex cereal in a different bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and the butter for 1 ½ minutes and stir until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over each of the cereals. Stir until they are evenly coated.
- In a large ziploc, pour in ⅓ cup of powdered sugar and one of the cereal mixes. Shake until well coated and spread over a baking sheet.
- Repeat until all are coated.
- In the microwave, melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
- Drizzle over the cereal mixture and allow to cool and set.
- Once it has set, mix together the 3 cereal mixes and add in the Cadbury eggs.
- Store in an airtight container. (If you have any left!)
Pin it for later: