This month my husband’s aunt Betty died of complications due to liver cancer. By the time she found out she had liver cancer, it was stage 4. We were shocked by how quickly we lost her to cancer. She was also a survivor of polio and breast cancer. She was successful in work life, a kind aunt, and strong woman. We lost her too soon.
I hate cancer. I’ve lost too many people in my family and my husband’s family to this dreadful disease. I am thankful that I know the Lord, that I understand this world is not our final home, and I have hope to see those who died in Christ again, including Aunt Betty.
So in honor of Aunt Betty, I’d love to share verses in the Bible that can give hope. We need more hope Bible verses, don’t we?
14 Inspirational Bible Verses for Those Affected By Cancer
- Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- II Corinthians 4: 16 – Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
- Proverbs 17:22 – A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Matthew 11: 28 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- Exodus 14:14 – The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
- Romans 8: 38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 …Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
- Colossians 1: 11 – May you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience.
- Psalms 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
- I Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Isaiah 40: 29 – He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
- Proverbs 3: 5,6 – Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Psalms 138:3 – On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.
- Lamentations 3: 22 – Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
These are the best Bible verses, for those affected by cancer, I could find this week. But I know there are so many more good Bible verses that you could share with me. Please give me more in the comments below.
[Tweet “His compassions never fail! #CancerSucks”]
NIV Coloring Bible
A great gift for those currently affected by cancer is the NIV Beautiful Word™ Coloring Bible. This Bible employs the proven stress-relieving benefits of adult coloring to help quiet your soul, so you can reflect on the precious truths of Scripture. Perfect for all ages, the thick white paper with lightly ruled lines in the extra-wide margins, provides ample space for your own artistic expressions and journaling.
[Tweet “Stress-relieving benefits of adult coloring paired with Scripture.”]
Pin it for later: