Muddy Buddies are a delicious and simply snack idea to make during the Christmas season. You can put them in treat bags for your kid’s classroom, bring them to the neighbors in a mason jar, or put them out on the table for a sweet snack. Adding snowflake sprinkles and Christmas sprinkles to the muddy buddies recipe gives it a fun Christmas twist!
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In a large microwavable bowl, place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
3. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir well.
4. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth, as pictured.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
7. Pour the chocolate-coated cereal into a large (2-gallon) resealable food-storage plastic bag.
8. Add powdered sugar to the bag, and then seal and shake.
9. Shake until the cereal appears well coated by the powdered sugar.
10. Spread on waxed paper or tinfoil, add sprinkles, cool and set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
[Tweet “10 easy steps to perfect Muddy Buddies!”]
Pin it for later: