We’ve been hiding painted rocks in our local community again. The kids love it, and it gives us mamas an excuse to get outside and walk. I recently bought a FitBit, and I am constantly trying to beat other moms and get the most steps.
In case you missed my previous post about painted rocks, it’s simple: find or start a Painted Rocks club on Facebook. You just have to paint rocks, hide them, post on FB what they look like and a hint where they might be hidden. The kids like hiding and hunting for them both.
I decided to share a round-up of great painted rock ideas that kids can do.
Food Painted Rocks
Fruit Painted Rocks from Look What Mom Found
Animal Painted Rocks
Animal Painted Rocks from Sippy Cup Mom
- LadyBug Rock
- Hedgehog Rocks
- Owl Rocks
- Rock Bees
- Pig Rock
- Turtle Rock with instructions
- Pink Bunny Rabbit Rocks
- Butterfly Rocks
- Fish Rock
- Garden Rock Catepillar
Misc Painted Rock Ideas for Kids
- Angry Birds
- Welcome Rock
- Candy Corn Rocks
- Minions Painted Rocks
- Santa Claus Hat Rock
- American Flag Rock
- Halloween Rocks
- Muppets Rocks
- Car Rocks
TIPS FOR PAINTING ROCKS
- Look for smooth rocks of all shapes and sizes. This part is fun to do with the kids.
- Clean your rocks with water and possibly soap if they’re very dirty. Then set them out to dry.
- Have a variety of brush sizes available for the kids.
- Use acrylic paint. It’s so cheap!
- Apply 2-3 coats of paint, let each dry before another is applied.
- Optional: cover your finished rocks with Mod Podge to protect them.
Pin it for later: