Kissimee Florida is the perfect destination getaway location for winter. With year round beautiful weather and so many great attractions, theme parks, and activities, Kissimmee FL is the place to bring your family! In November, we took a multigenerational family trip to Florida and visited Disney World and Universal Studios. We had so much fun, I want to plan another family trip back and visit Kissimmee.
Kissimmee is located next to world-famous theme parks including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, LEGOLAND Florida and SeaWorld Orlando. Kissimmee has plenty of outdoor adventure and attractions, from hot air balloons and thrilling airboat rides to ziplining to Gatorland. A tremendous variety of vacation home rentals ensure that no matter what budget or preference a traveler has, they’ll find just the right place in Kissimmee.
Family Travel: Our Top 10 Kissimmee FL
Since we’ve already visited Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios this list is going to include other places to visit in Kissimmee. This list also includes parks and attractions only. Of course, we love visiting the beach while we are in Florida too, so that will just be a MUST as well.
1. Disney Animal Kingdom: Become immersed in a world where rare and majestic animals are around every corner and research and conservation are top priority. Home to more than 1,700 animals from 250 species, Walt Disney World Resort Animal Kingdom® is the largest animal-themed park in the world.
2. Sea World Orlando: Enjoy a wonderland of ocean animals, thrilling rides and dazzling shows at SeaWorld Orlando, home of Shamu and his sea animal friends.
3. LEGOLAND Florida: This interactive family theme park is designed specifically for families with children 2 to 12 years old. Sitting on 150-acres, there is plenty to do for the whole family including rides, attractions, shows, restaurants, shopping and breathtaking views of botanical gardens.
4. Gatorland: Come see the one hundred ten-acre theme park with thousands of alligators, crocodiles, birds, bears and the all-new Screamin’ Gator Zip Line.
5. Wonderworks: Wonderworks is an Interactive attraction with over 100 exhibits to experience. Land the space shuttle, fly a fighter jet, design your own roller coaster, and much more!
6. Dinosaur World: Dinosaur World is the worlds largest dinosaur attraction, with over 200 life size dinosaurs in our outdoor museum with interactive exhibits.
7. Crayola Experience: Embark on a colorful adventure where color, chemistry and digital technology combine to create a day of family fun at the NEW Crayola Experience Orlando! Discover the magic of color with 25 hands-on attractions.
8. Forever Florida Ziplines: You can conquer the treetop thrills of the Zipline Adventure or Thrill Pack, experience the pioneer-style adventure on the Horseback Adventure or just sit back, relax and take it all in on the all-ages Wild Coach.
9. Kennedy Space Center: Experience a day of fun, a lifetime of inspiration and get vertical on the Shuttle Launch Experience, tour behind the scenes, see space shuttle launch pads and walk beneath a moon rocket.
10. The Holy Land Experience: The Holy Land Experience brings together the sights and sounds of the world of the Bible in a unique and interactive way unlike anywhere else!
What would your family love to do on a vacation to Kissimmee FL?
Escape the Cold Sweepstakes
Escape the cold and warm your heart. Now through March 27, enter Experience Kissimmee’s Escape the Cold sweepstakes by texting SUNNY to “313131” or by visiting the official campaign website: EscapeCold.com. Three Grand Prize winners will each receive a sunny, heart-warming Kissimmee getaway for them and up to three guests.
The 5-day/4-night prize package includes:
- Round trip airfare for four
- Rental Car
- 5-day/4-night stay at Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
- Admission to Gatorland and the Screamin’ Gator Zip Line
- Wristbands for unlimited rides at FunSpot America—Kissimmee
- Tickets to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom provided by Kissimmee Guest Services
- Tickets to La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil
- Airboat experience with Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours
In addition to the Grand Prize, daily winners will receive a “Winter Survival Kit” containing Kissimmee branded items such as, a scarf, gloves, hand warmers, color changing mug, hot cocoa and more! For Eligibility, Official Rules, and complete prize details, visit the giveaway landing page.
I don’t know about you, but I’d love to win this Kissimmee Fl sweepstakes!