This year has flown by so quickly, it’s insane! Something I always look forward to at the end of each year is to create my New Year’s Resolutions for the next year! I just feel like creating New Year’s Resolutions each year helps me to be motivated to be the best person that I can be. Coming up with New Year’s Resolutions each year is like setting personal goals for myself to achieve throughout the upcoming year. Each year I like to help my kiddos come up with a few resolutions of their very own so they can learn the responsibility of setting a goal and striving to achieve it. If you are looking to help your kids come up with a New Year’s Resolution this year, check out this list of 5 resolutions that are perfect for your kids to do.
5 Resolutions For Kids
1. Donating Old Toys: We should always remember that there is always someone out there that has it worse than we do. I like to encourage my kiddos to donate a few of their toys throughout the year. What we like to do is whenever they get a new toy, they must get rid of one of their older toys. We like to round up toys that we haven’t used for a long time and we take them down to a local donation spot and donate them to those who are less fortunate than we are.
2. Saving Money: If your kids are old enough to earn an allowance, encourage them to save half of their allowance each week. This teaches them responsibility of saving money and once they save up a big amount, they can buy something really cool! They could even save until they’re 16 and possibly buy or help to buy their very own car!
3. Get Straight A’s: We all encourage our kids to do well in school anyways, but maybe this year you should encourage them to work a little harder and try to get straight A’s in school for the whole year! They will feel so accomplished and it will help with their future in the long run.
4. Cut Out Snacks: Kids always absolutely love their snacks! Things that seem harmless such as having fruit snacks or some chips after school can turn into bad health habits in their future. Maybe encourage them to switch out their unhealthy snacks with some fruits and vegetables after school! Kids can learn to live a healthy lifestyle as well!
5. Learn New Things: Learning new things is something I think everyone should do, no matter how old you are! If your kids aren’t overly active, encourage them to start a new sport or maybe join an after school club! This will help them become a more well rounded person and also branch out and make new friends!
What resolutions would your kids like to make this year?
These things are really simple things that you can work on with your kids and they can have their very own resolutions, just like you! I know a lot of times kids want to be just like their parents because they look up to you, so help them create and stick to a resolution of their own!