Christmas is a great time of year to make sweet treats for family, friends, and neighbors. A very simple and popular treat at Christmas time is muddy buddies. Have you made these easy treats before? They’d also be great for Valentine’s Day gifts.
I LOVE muddy buddies. Sometimes they are also called puppy chow. This muddy buddy recipe has a bit of twist. You add a brownie mix to this recipe for a fun and tasty muddy buddy recipe!
Brownie Batter Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered brownie mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Place cereal into a large mixing bowl.
2. Place chocolate chips and butter into a small microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave chocolate and butter for 20 seconds and then stir. Continue microwaving for 10 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring between each interval.
4. Pour melted chocolate over the cereal and stir gently until all pieces are coated.
5. Pour powdered brownie mix over cereal and stir gently.
6. Place the chocolate & brownie battered cereal mixture into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
7. Add powdered sugar to the bag and seal.
8. Shake well until all cereal pieces are coated with powdered sugar.
9. Empty mixture onto waxed paper to cool.
Voila! Tasty muddy buddies that are even better than brownie batter.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.