From Executive Producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett comes an uplifting spiritual journey through the later chapters of biblical history. A.D. picks up where the smash hit, “The Bible,” left off, continuing the greatest story ever told and exploring the exciting and inspiring events that followed the Crucifixion of Christ.
[Tweet “The Crucifixion was only the beginning of the story. #ADTheSeries”]
About A.D. The Bible Continues
As most of the world knows, the Crucifixion was only the beginning of the story. The immediate aftermath of Christ’s death had a massive impact on his disciples, his mother Mary, and key political and religious leaders of the era, completely altering the entire world in an instant. Watch as the disciples struggle to survive and share their beliefs, guiding us from the sorrow of Christ’s ultimate sacrifice to the awe-inspiring wonder of the Resurrection and beyond. Set in a world of bloody Roman oppression, and bitter political rivalries, the struggle to control The Holy Land unfolds between the Apostles, Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas, the Zealots, and the Herod Family struggle to control The Holy Land.
Featuring an extraordinary international cast, thrilling action and amazing visual effects, A.D. The Bible Continues is a must-own release which arrives just in time for the holidays, completing your collection with the #1 miniseries of all timeThe Bible, and the film, Son of God. The four-disc Blu-ray™ and DVD set dives deeper into the making of the iconic tale with over 45 minutes of exclusive features. Audiences will be captivated by the special features which include the following:
- Continuing the Bible – Roma Downey and Mark Burnett discuss their decision to create a sequel to the “The Bible” – how the project came to be, why it is different from “The Bible,” and how the story begins and evolves.
- Casting A.D. – An epic miniseries means an epic sized cast. Visit the actors on and off set as they discuss their characters and share their stories of coming to the project.
- The Past Comes Alive – Get a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of several key scenes, including the baptism of Saul, the elaborate arrival of high Roman officials, and banquet feasts in Pilate’s palace courtyard.
- Touring the Sets – The production designers discuss recreating the world of 33 A.D. Jerusalem, and showcase the massive sets built for the show which includes:
- Pilate’s Palace
- The streets of Jerusalem and the safe house, as shown by Adam Levy (Peter)
- The temple exterior and plaza, toured by Richard Coyle (Caiaphas)
- A tour of the streets with Pastor Charles Jenkins and his wife commenting on the authentic feel of the sets and set dressing
- The Fabric of the Time – Explore the massive feat of dressing cast and extras in period costume. Tour the costume tent and visit with many of the actors as they show us the elaborate detail that went into creating their garments, including a time lapse of Pablo Di Pace as Jesus being made up for the crucifixion.
- Recreating the Power of God – Join visual effects supervisor Martin Davison as he discusses bringing the power of God to life in A.D. through practical and visual effects.
**The Tomb is Open
**The Body is Gone
**The Spirit Arrives
**Continuing The Bible
**The First Martyr
**Casting A. D.
**The Road to Damascus
**The Past Comes Alive
**Brothers in Arms
**Touring the Sets
**The Fabric of the Time
**Recreating the Power of God
Connect with A.D. The Bible Continues
This continuing Bible story is now available on Blu-ray and DVD from Amazon.com:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine alone.