We played and learned with Playskool as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
This Thanksgiving we are taking a multigenerational family vacation to Florida. We’ll be spending a week in Key West and then spend three days in Daytona Beach. During the time we are in Daytona Beach I am going to take the kids up to Disney World. We are all pretty excited about the vacation this year.
Are you taking a family vacation soon? If so, where will you be heading?
Flying with Kids: Tips and Tricks
My daughter has always been a great airplane traveler. She’s has been able to occupy herself and keep entertained since she was two. It’s been great. My Little Man, well, he needs a bit more help. By now, we’ve become traveling with kids experts. Here are a few tips and tricks we’ve learned over the years that hopefully will help you.
- Practice sitting in the rows at home by sitting in kitchen chairs
- Fly during their nap or if it’s a long flight fly at night
- Bring a weather-proof cover for the car seat
- Put them in shoes that are easily removed
- Get on the flight last so you aren’t sitting longer than necessary on the plane; boarding can take a long time
- Take advantage of layovers and let them run
- Use the aisle and walk around
- Visit other friendly passengers
- Pack lots of snacks – but not too much sugar
- Bring a portable DVD player with new movies
- Bring books
- Download new apps on your phone
- Pack new toys they’ve never played with
[Tweet “13 smart tips and tricks to fly with kids! #PlayskoolCrew”]
PLAYSKOOL ROLL ‘N GEARS CAR
A great toy to bring on the aiplane for toddlers and preschool age children is the new Playskool Roll ‘n Gears Car from their great Play, Stow and Go line of toys. It is small enough to travel with but still be very fun for kids to play with. It can keep my Little Man busy for quite some time.
This car is under $10 and features:
- 5 removable and stackable gears with 9 places to arrange them
- Open the car to build a hand-powered sequence of spinning gears
- Close the car for classic rollin’ vehicle play
- Gears snap inside the car for space-saving storage and portability
[Tweet “Keep your child busy on the airplane with this fun car under $10! #PlayskoolCrew”]
Do you have any great airplane travel tips? Share them in the comments below.