There are very few meat dishes we eat here in our family. In fact, we actually only eat fish (salmon and cod really). That is why I am so thankful that there is organic baked tofu on the market that we can easily add to recipes. Baking my own tofu is time consuming – I like products that save me time – Nasoya TofuBaked is awesome! The perfect addition to your recipes. If you are wanting a great meatless Monday recipe – adding their baked chipotle tofu to your mac-n-cheese is an awesome idea!
Chipotle Tofu and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package Nasoya tofubaked chiptle, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- Cook pasta to dente, shock in cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot, combine butter and flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth and slightly toasted.
- Slowly add milk, while stirring. Simmer until sauce is bubbly.
- Sir in cheese until melted and smooth.
- While still hot, stir in chiptle, tofu, and drained pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
[Tweet “How to use chipotle baked tofu? In a mac-n-cheese recipe of course! @nasoya”]
Nasoya started in 1978 when the company’s founders first made tofu in a transformed barn in Leominster, Massachusetts. In 1990, Nasoya was acquired by Vitasoy USA a pioneer in bringing organic and all-natural soy foods to America. The acquisition allowed Nasoya to expand its product line by also offering:
- Asian style noodles
- Nayonaise (the country’s first ever vegan, soy-based sandwich spread)
[Tweet “Inspiring families to better fuel their lives by enjoying pure, plant-based foods. @nasoya”]
There are three TofuBaked products available for purchase: chipotle, sesame ginger, and teriyaki. Don’t forget to get your $1 off coupon to try them all!
Connect with Nasoya
Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Nasoya. All opinions are mine.
Annamarie V says
I really want to try the Organic black tofu plus, I also loved baked tofu and will have to try the sesame ginger.
ELIZABETH C. says
I would love to try the Chinese Noodles.
Jean D. says
Nasoya also makes Lite Firm Tofu, which I buy to make a faux-cheese-sauce recipe.
Thanks for a great giveaway!
Missy Marie says
The Japanese Udon Noodles look good. I think I will try the Nayonaise too.
Julie Wood says
This looks like such a wonderful recipe that I want to try out and make for my family. I like to kick up the Macaroni and cheese with the Chipotle seasoning. I know we will like it!
Elizabeth H. says
This sounds terrific!! Would love to get my aunt to make this as she’s the cook around here. We’d really love this!!