Back to school shopping is just around the corner and for a lot of families that will mean big expenses. Between backpacks and pencils, new shoes and calculators, the cost can easily run your budget right into the negative if you’re not careful. Luckily, there are quite a few ways that you can save on those supplies. They won’t be truly affordable, but these 5 ways to save on back to school supplies will definitely help.
5 Ways to Save on Back to School Supplies
1. Reduce and Reuse – the great thing about school supplies is that some of them actually last longer than a year. Things like lunch bags or boxes, calculators, colored pencils and sometimes even binders can all be reused. The more that you find that can be, the less you will have to buy. For backpacks, be sure that all of the straps are still sewn tight and that the zippers work well before reusing it.
2. Shop early – No, I don’t mean that you should shop at 6am, however, shopping as early in the BTS sale season as you can is smart. If you wait, you may find that an item you need has gone out of stock. If that happens, chances are that you will end up having to pay more for it just so that your child has it. Back to school prices tend to not fluctuate a whole lot so there really isn’t much point in waiting. You can also shop for back to school supplies online and miss the messy store and long lines completely!
3. Tax Free Days – There is one exception to tip #2. If your state participates in a tax free shopping day, wait for it before you do your shopping. It might not seem like much, but depending on your states sales tax rate and how much you’re spending, you could rack up quite a bit of savings.
4. Hit the thrift stores – We all know that most kids want new clothes for school, but the truth is? They don’t need them. Pick them up a couple of new outfits and grab the rest of their “new” clothes at the thrift stores. If you buy nice quality clothing, no one besides you, your kids and your wallet will know the difference.
5. Become a DIY Queen (or King) – Finally, if all else fails and you absolutely can’t find something for a great price, make it yourself. Things like lunch bags, craft aprons and even a backpack can all be made at home for a fraction of what you would pay new.
[Tweet “Spend less and save more on #BTS supplies! #FCBlogger”]
Saving on back to school supplies doesn’t have to be a frantic running around hitting multiple stores at the very last minute. Follow the tips in this post and this year, you will finally, spend less.
Remember, you can find many Back to School supplies including the Sadie Robertson line (Duck Dynasty), with a Christian theme, at your local Family Christian.
Connect with Family Christian
[Tweet “Don’t forget to get #BTS supplies with a Christian theme! #FCBlogger”]
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Family Christian. All opinions are mine alone.