I find it rather unfair that we girls have a bad reputation for being tardy. If anything, we are top-notch multitaskers. On occasions when we reach late somewhere, we ought to be excused. Ask any man to do his morning essentials, cook meals for the family, pick out a smart outfit keeping the day’s schedule in mind and ensure that his shoes, makeup and hair is on point. I bet my life, half his day is going to be over just figuring out what his outfit’s got to do with the day’s schedule! Unfortunately, not everybody gets our plight, and we’ve got to compete with the male race when it comes to “being punctual”. Little does anybody care how perfect our winged liner is and how beautifully styled our hair is! Well, I do, which is why I have listed down five easy hairstyles that will take just a few minutes to put together. Goodbye hurried mornings!
5 Easy Girl Hairstyles
- The Vibrant Scarf Braid – Looking for something adorable that both you and your little princess can sport? This vibrant scarf braid hairdo is just right! All you need to do is begin braiding your hair into a French plait and add a pretty scarf into the braid from the second weave onwards. Secure the ends with a hair tie. This look is perfect for a weekend afternoon lunch with your friends or an evening stroll in the park. Try this beautiful hairdo on your daughter for her school picnic or a special ceremony.
- The Twisted Updo – If you’re in the mood for something feminine and soft, give this twisted updo a try! In five flat minutes, your hair will go from looking like a dry pile of hay to a glamorous, red-carpet-appropriate hairstyle. Let your hair loose and apply some smoothening serum on it. Take a small section from the left side, twist it and pin it on the right end of your hair. Take another small section of your hair from the right side, twist it and pin it on the left end of your hair. Tie a scrunchie slightly above the end of the large, undone section of your hair. Roll up that large section and twist it inside the left and right sections. Secure with pins.
- The Messy Side Chignon – Being someone who’s always in a hurry, I love how slick and clean styles are giving way to tousled and disheveled hairdos. They don’t kill time, and they epitomise grunge-chic! Those days when your partner is creating a ruckus with his constant “are you ready yet”, this hairstyle is sure to save you the trouble of a sore ear and a bad mood before a party. Tie your hair in a loose side pony behind your ear (the messier, the better). Add some sea salt spray for extra bounce. Twist your hair up in a low-slung side bun and secure it with bobby pins. You’re very welcome!
- The Sassy-Girl Top Knot – Want to make an impact during that major client presentation? Invest in a crisp business suit and team it up with this fab top knot hairdo that redefines sassy-chic! While you make sure to do your bit, your hair will do the rest of the talking. Put your hair down and collect it together to make a high ponytail. Twist the ponytail to make a high bun and secure it with bobby pins. Spray some styling hairspray on the top knot for a better finish.
- The Super-High Ponytail – This hairstyle is the perfect blend of functional and fabulous together! Give the classic ponytail a fun twist by adding an illusion of length to it! Nah, you don’t need extensions; just your own, gorgeous mane. Divide your hair into two equal sections – top and bottom. Collect the top section of your hair to make a high ponytail. Now collect the bottom section of your hair to make a low ponytail, near the nape of your neck. Ensure that the low ponytail’s tie gets camouflaged under the high ponytail, so it looks seamless.
There you go! These simple styles are sure to make your mornings a lot calmer and relaxed, leaving the men with no reason to complain about how slow you are! Boo-yah, boys!
Thank you Karishma Sehgal for this guest post. Karishma is an ardent fashion, beauty and lifestyle enthusiast. She has contributed to a number of popular lifestyle magazines and blogs. You can follow Karishma on Twitter.