My husband and I have traveled a lot. Some of our travel was pre-kids, but most of the travel guides you’ll see in the navigation bar above is travel with kids. This summer my husband and I will get the chance to travel without the children together for the first time since my son was born three years ago. I am ecstatic. I wish you could see my happy face right now. We will be taking a trip to Austin, Texas and possibly taking another trips (sans kids) to Lincoln City, Oregon. Reconnecting in our marriage is so important.
Enjoy time spent away from children. Reconnecting as a couple is important.
Would you like to know what I am looking forward to most in our travels without the kids? Getting the chance to take our time to look at things and enjoying a meal at a restaurant at our own pace and not rushing. Those of you with young children know that taking kids to restaurants can be difficult at best. I’ve mastered the fast eating – I might be able to win a contest!
10 Musts in Austin
In no particular order here are ten things you must do in Austin, according to me!
- State Capitol – oldest surviving state office structure
- Zilker Park – over 300 acres in the heart of South Austin with many outdoor activities
- Take a food tour – my favorite thing to do when traveling – eating!
- Congress Bridge – check out the bats! Yes, actual bats. 1.5 million in fact at dusk.
- Hamilton Pool Reserve – swimming hole and a 50 ft waterfall
- Trailer Food – more affordable and so tasty, don’t forget to eat some trailer food
- JBJ Presidential Library – visit presidential libraries is always on the top of hubby’s list
- Bullock Museum – one more must for my history buff hubby is this state history museum
- Veggie Heaven – great Asian vegetarian food with vegan meat substitutes? Yes, please!
- South Congress Avenue – shopping is a must while traveling and this is quirky place to do it
When we travel we love to use a credit card that rewards us for traveling and can be used for airline mile redemption. Discover it Miles® card members can redeem their miles in any amount to be used for:
- commercial airline tickets
- hotel rooms
- car rentals
- and more!
What I really love about the Discover it Miles card is there is no annual fee! You can use it to fly any airline. You will get 1.5x miles for every dollar spent.
Doesn’t this sound like a great card to get? It is perfect for our travel lifestyle!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Angie Agerter says
I really want to go back to Texas sometime and visit austin, I haven’t been but we have been to San Antonio and Dallas (some)…I want to go back to both of those too. Oh and Corpus Christi too!
Did you mean Lincoln City, Oregon? – – its not far from us and one of my favorites.
Yes, Angie – Lincoln City, OR. I forgot the City part. I need to change it 😉 Thank you for catching that.
Julie Wood says
Austin Texas is such a pretty City to visit on vacation. I have never been there, but I have heard so many great things about how pretty this City is. I would love to go on Vacation to Austin. Maybe someday.