Hacks are all about finding an easier, quicker, more efficient way to do everyday things. When it comes to traveling, there’s no better feeling than saving time, energy, and luggage space. We’re heading to Florida for family vacation this year, and I love great travle hacks. You’ve already saved money with cheap hotels in Miami, so it’s time to follow these 12 travel hacks and travel like a pro.
1. Forgot your eyeliner at home? In a pinch, lightly press your mascara wand to your lash line.
2. Unless you’re traveling during warm weather, pack at least one infinity scarf. Not only will it dress up a drab outfit, but you can also wrap it around your neck and ears when it’s chilly, or use it as a small blanket over your shoulders.
3. Instead of taking up precious luggage space with a curling iron, pack a sea salt spray. By spritzing your locks before bed, tying it up with a towel, and going to sleep, you’ll wake up to effortless beach waves.
4. If you must pack a heat styling tool, wrap a potholder around it if it’s still warm when you pack it. Or, purchase a flat iron or curling iron that comes with a heat-resistant case.
5. Leggings take up minimum space in your bag and they can be dressed up or down, worn to bed, or even worn when working out.
6. Bring along a balm that will work as an eyebrow tamer, hair smoother, lip balm, and cuticle cream.
7. Traveling wreaks havoc on your skin. Pack a single-use skin mask to get glowing mid-vacation.
8. Instead of packing your heaviest pair of shoes, wear them on the plane to save weight in your luggage. During the winter, wear your heaviest coat on the plane, too.
9. If you’re not going to be away for long, pack small amounts of makeup in contact lens cases.
10. Pick one color scheme for your vacation outfits so that you can mix and match pieces. This’ll make it easier to come up with ensembles if there isn’t a washer and dryer to access.
11. Pack the items you can’t live without in your carry on. If your luggage goes missing, even for a day, you’ll have the necessities on hand so that you can still enjoy your trip.
12. While traveling, wear clothing with pockets. This way, you won’t have to dig in your bag every time you need your phone, boarding pass, or wallet.
Vacation isn’t about spending the maximum amount of time possible preparing and packing. It’s about visiting a new place and enjoying your time away!
What is your favorite travel hack?
Pin it for later: