This last week, we stayed in our RV for my husband’s work again. And you know what? We had a pretty good time. There were many moments when I went crazy. But I go crazy at home with my kiddos too, so that’s nothing new. Though my husband worked a lot this week, we had time to visit our local Six Flags twice! We had such a great time too. We bought a season’s pass for a steal and can’t wait to keep going all summer long!
In fact, when our RV is done getting cleaned out from this trip, we are thinking of staying a couple nights in our local campground resort. My husband laughs because we have a very comfortable home to sleep at, but I am already thinking about a camping trip in the RV for pleasure instead of work.
Does your family love RVing or camping?
Here are the five reasons that I enjoy RV living:
- Even though it can be tough to see the same three people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – we are very close with our children. We get to spend every day with our kids and watch them grow up. Not very many people can say that.
- I love our routine. At out home, we don’t do a routine as well. But when we are in the RV we stick to a routine. If we didn’t, then I honestly would go crazy in less than 40 feet of housing.
- Meal planning. The small space requires planned meals and we all just eat healthier. That is a BIG bonus. I have a pantry full of food and snacks at home that tempts me too often when I am there. Here in the trailer? Our cupboards are pretty bare. Just the essentials here.
- We save more money. I can’t shop like I used to. At home, packages arrive from Amazon and Zulily more often than I’d like to admit. But in the trailer, I just can’t fill it up with stuff. Which is a great thing. We don’t need anything else. Really we don’t.
- Memory foam. I have this memory foam on my bed in the trailer that I am in love with. My husband doesn’t like it. He says it’s too soft. But I never want to get out of bed.
So there you have it. My five reasons for loving RV Life. I am sure there are more. Those are just the five that were at the top of my brain. But since I blog at night after the kids go to bed – you are all left with tired mommy brain.
I love staying in an RV! My dh & I have used my bil & sil’s many a time. It’s the only way to camp in my opinion!
It is very nice. It feels like home now. A second home really. We are loving it!
Growing up we had a camper. Sometimes we’d stay in it overnight in the back yard! It is more fun to stay in the camper – who knows why! We’d take the camper to the beach, etc. – good memories!
We are making great memories too, Rosie. That’s the great thing about having one. My kids are going to look back and be glad for their fun childhood!