We like taking the kids on Saturday afternoon easy hikes. I loved it growing up and it is fun to take the kids different places nearby our county here in Washington. It will be nice when they are a bit older and can do more walking and exploring. I put together a small list of 8 family walking trails in and near Skagit County for families.
- Boulder River – exit 208 off I-5. 8.6 miles roundtrip. Good for kids. Dogs allowed on leash. After a mile you’ll come to a twin waterfall. This is a good turn around spot for families with kids.
- Ebey’s Landing – off State Route 20 on Whidbey Island. 5.6 miles. Features coastal view, mountain view and wildlife.
- Eaglemont Loop Walk – Mt. Vernon. 1.9 miles.
- Maddox Creek Neighborhood and Wetlands – Mt. Vernon. 1.5 miles. Easy to moderate walking.
- Deception Pass – 30 trails in varying degress of difficulty. Fidalgo Island and Whidbey Island.
- Padilla Bay – interpretive walking trails and a center with various activities.
- Anderson Lakes – near Sedro Wolley. 4 miles round trip. Moderate difficulty.
- Fire and Ice Trail – Mt. Baker. 0.5 mile. Great for kids.
For more information about trails you can take your family to, visit the Washington Trails Association website.
Does your family like to take family walks or easy hikes?
I’ve been wearing my walking shoes with the amazingly comfortable Gold Toe women’s socks for my walking. I throw them on and feel like I can walk for hours and hours. I am not a runner but love to walk. I am really loving the cushioned feel of the Gold Toe Fashion Cushion Liners as well as the Ultra Low socks with my walking shoes. They are thicker than any of my other socks and very comfortable.
Gold Toe® Women’s socks have long been the smart choice, because they fit better, feel better, and last longer. The toes are reinforced for longer wear and durability. Check out the new Spring 2014 colors!
Also with Father’s Day coming up, the men’s No-Show Cushion and Ultra Low socks are a fabulous gift idea! They are having a Father’s Day sale right now through 6/16/2014 too! Check it out!
Connect with Gold Toe
Win Gold Toe Socks
One lucky Long Wait For Isabella reader will win a package of Gold Toe socks (of choice)! Enter the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win. Open to US residents 18+.
Disclosure: I was sent the above products for review. All opinions are mine.
Uplifting Families says
My daughter wants some of the socks that don’t show when you have your shoes on. I would love to win some of these for her.
Audrey at Barking Mad! says
The socks look comfy and I am ALWAYS looking for comfy low to-no-show socks that don’t slip down.
BTW, your shoes are adorable!
Alison James says
I so love it when socks don’t cut into my ankle
NYLON ULTRA LOW
Nicole Flynn says
http://www.goldtoe.com/products/Houndstooth-with-AquaFX%C2%AE.html I like this pair of socks the best, I can’t decide which color though. I think the blue.
susan smoaks says
i like the http://www.goldtoe.com/products/6-%252b-2-Cotton-Sport-Liner-Bonus-Pack.html