In our Social Studies class we learned a little about Oceans. My Princess loves Math but disliked Social Studies. This quarter we are doing Science, which is her new favorite class. Thankfully, I have the internet (a homeschooler’s best friend!) to help find fun ways to learn about the Ocean.
10 Ocean Themed Lessons and Activities:
- Homeschool Share has compiled ocean themed lessons by level. There is also printables, games and library list.
- Disney’s Finding Nemo offers games, activities, crafts and recipes.
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) has a website full of educational activities.
- Royal Baloo has a great roundup of crafts, sensory bins, activities, snacks and books.
- The Curriculum Corner offers an Ocean theme unit in their Kinder Corner section.
- Ocean Wave Discovery Bottle
- All About Oceans and Seas with Enchanted Learning
- Deep Blue Sea Curriculum Ideas includes many great songs!
- Life on the Ocean Floor Box Craft
- Ocean Habitats
Another fun and entertaining way for your kids to learn more about the ocean is the Disney Jr. cartoon Octonauts. On March 18th a new DVD will be released – Octonauts: To The Gup-X.
About Octonauts: To The Gup-X
Dive into adventure with your favorite underwater explorers, the Octonauts! Join brave Captain Barnacles, daredevil ex-pirate Kwazii, and medic Peso Penguin, along with other Octonauts as they explore the world’s oceans, rescue the creatures who live there, and protect their habitats – above and below the waves! On this exciting DVD, Captain Barnacles leads a mission to rescue Dashi, who is trapped inside a giant whale shark, and Kwazii takes to the skies to retrieve a precious book from a school of flying fish! Peso tries to bandage a Great White Shark without becoming his lunch and much more! Plus – in a special extra feature, Tweak and Tunip tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the Gup-X!
This disc contains six episodes from the Octonauts television series. Both of my children love this show and I love it because not only is it entertaining but also educational. The six episodes included on the disc are: Great White Shark, Coconut Crabs, Bowhead Whales, Whale Shark, Monster Map and Flying Fish.
Buy Octonauts: To The Gup-X
Win Octonauts: To The Gup-X
One lucky Long Wait For Isabella reader will win their own copy of Octonauts: To The Gup-X on DVD. Enter the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win. Open to US residents 18+.
Disclosure: I was sent the above DVD for review.