REPREVE is a recycled fiber that helps turn plastic bottles you recycle into cool stuff you can wear and use every day. Now there’s no excuse not to recycle! A lot of brands you love use REPREVE to make their products greener:
• Volcom graphic t-shirts are made with REPREVE, using 2 recycled plastic bottles.
• One Patgonia fleece jacket with REPREVE has 40 recycled plastic bottles, so you can be a real “active-ist.”
• Life Khaki by Haggar uses REPREVE to put 7 recycled plastic bottles in every pair of pants; so wear what you believe.
Other brands made with REPREVE: The North Face, Polartec, Patagonia, Beija-Flor, Lauren Conrad’s XO(eco) by Blue Avocado, Swiftwick socks, and more.
The luckiest plastic bottles get made into a recycled fleece beanie made from REPREVE. One REPREVE green beanie is made from 6 recycled plastic bottles.
5 Tips to Teach Kids to #TurnItGreen
Here are five things that we are teaching our children about leading a greener lifestyle.
- Recycling – we pay extra each month to have a recycling pick up. We are teaching our children which items are recyclable and which are not.
- Turn Out the Lights – when you leave the room, turn out the lights. My husband is a stickler about this one. During the day we often leave the lights out. Thankfully, we have skylights in our home to let natural light in.
- Unplug Electronics – this is another easy thing we are teaching our kids. We unplug electronics when they are not being used. And when we leave for traveling, we unplug all big items too.
- Bring Reusable Shopping Bags – when shopping, grabbing a handful of reusable shopping bags is easy to do and it is good for the environment.
- Shopping Local – we have tried to cut out much of the processed foods we eat, and we have shopped more local real foods this past year. This is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and much healthier for our bodies.
What ways are you teaching your kids to lead a more sustainable life?
I’d love to hear more ideas!
#TurnItGreen X Games Contest
#TurnItGreen X Games contest:
Dates: Jan. 1-31
Grand Prize: $5,000 cash
To celebrate the X Games, REPREVE invites participants to share how they “turn it green”, or how they live a more sustainable life by recycling or reusing materials, by sharing an image or video on Twitter, Instagram or Vine with the #TurnItGreen hashtag.
Once you share the image or video with the hashtag, you will be entered into a sweepstakes where five entries will be randomly selected as the Top Five. Those five will be voted on by visitors to Repreve.com where the image or video with the most votes will win a $5,000 cash prize. The other four video entries will receive a REPREVE Jacket and a Go-Pro camera (retail valued at over $350).
Enter today for your chance to win!
Thank you REPREVE for sponsoring today’s post.