Have you wondered who owns businesses? What kind of people? These are great questions.1000 people with a net worth of over $200,000 were surveyed and here are the results:
- 56% are planning on opening or starting a business in the next 12-18 months. (Either alone or with a partner.)
- 25% are females looking to start their own business
- 56% looking to start a business are planning on having a business partner
- 31% of the people looking to start a business are planning on going into business with a spouse or domestic partner. (That’s roughly 10% of all respondents.)
- 30% of respondents looking to start a business are going into business with a friend
- 26% are going into business with a colleague
- Females are more likely to go into business with a spouse or domestic partner than males
How are business partners likely to be related? Here’s a breakdown in chart form:
Have you thought of starting your own business?
About Supercuts Franchise
Owned by Regis Corporation and ranked No. 1 in the U.S. hair care franchise arena, Supercuts is one of the largest and most iconic salon brands around. 33 million guests are served annually in the Supercuts franchise. After 30 years of experience salon operations has been streamlined to a science. Simplicity of procedure is at the forefront of the franchise.
In 2013, Supercuts was ranked No. 5 in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500®. With more than 2,300 Supercuts locations across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, marketing can be performed in communities large and small, from traditional advertising to cutting-edge digital and social platforms. Hair care is also one of the few industries unlikely to be displaced by technological advances.
In our third and final Supercuts franchising posts we will look at who is suceeding at the Supercuts franchise. Don’t forget to visit the first post in this series: What are Supercuts Franchise Misconceptions.