We flew home this weekend from Denver. What a great time we had in Colorado! My daughter honestly didn’t want to leave. She had made such great friends while we were there. We spent Sunday with family watching football, eating great food, and decorating our first Gingerbread House of the holiday season. (You can check out the handiwork on Instagram.) I just love Christmas. Mid-November is not too early, in my opinion, to start decorating and crafting for the holiday season.
I thought I’d do a fun roundup this week. As I browsed my favorite site, Pinterest, I found some fun craft ideas for the holiday season. Here are 10 fun Christmas Lights crafts and activities that you can do:
- Printable Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Light Interactive Hundred Chart (for learning)
- Christmas Lights Garland Door Hanging
- Styrofoam Christmas Lights
- DIY Christmas Light Garland
- 3D Christmas Glasses – Transform Christmas Lights Into Magical Images
- Christmas Lights Baby Portrait Idea
- Christmas Light Chandelier
- DIY Glitter Lightbulbs
- Thumbprint Christmas Lights
Just for fun, I wanted to share this Maxine cartoon. A little bit of holiday humor for you:
Does your family put up Christmas lights? If so, when do you put up Christmas lights? Our family has a tradition of putting up our lights the weekend after Thanksgiving. When I say our family, I mean my husband of course. He lovingly puts up the lights around our house in his heavy work suit and boots, climbing all around the house. We are blessed with a great man!
This year, in addition to our outdoor lights and indoor tree, we’d like to put up a few lawn decorations. The kids love coming home to beautiful Christmas lights and decorations. To be honest, so do I. Maybe, I can talk the hubby into putting them up a week early?