I am blessed with a husband who likes to keep himself groomed. I mentioned before that he really does take longer than I do to get ready because he cuts his hair almost daily. He keeps all his body hair groomed in fact and uses lotion daily. I am thankful for a husband who takes care of himself and keeps himself looking great. I know not all men do this though. So I wanted to share 10 simple grooming tips for men. These are all things my husband does so I am speaking from personal experience:
- Keep your hair cut. If you want longer hair, still keep it groomed and cut evenly. Thankfully, my husband is frugal and does his own hair now.
- Trim the neck hair. When I see hair going down into the collar of a man’s shirt, it is not appealing. My husband realizes this as well. I help him with his neck line but a barber can do this too.
- Trim your nose hair. I don’t think I need to go into detail about hair sticking out of your nose, do I?
- Keep your eyebrows trimmed. Long eyebrows sticking of the head is crazy looking. Brush them up and trim them. Go get a wax if possible.
- Keep your nails trimmed and even. My husband is really good at keeping his nails nicely trimmed. Long and unclean nails is not attractive. Get a manicure every so often and you’ll really be amazed at how nice the nails look.
- Keep your body clean. My husband believes in showering daily. Praise the Lord.
- Wear that deodorant. Reapply if necessary.
- Keep cologne to a minimum. Don’t over do it. No one likes a cologne headache or a sneezing fit.
- Wear clean clothes and iron if necessary. If you are wrinkled and messy you just don’t look groomed. Maybe because my husband was in the Navy he really does well in this area. He actually irons his own clothes because I don’t do it quite right.
- Brush those teeth regularly, use floss, and mouthwash. You want us to kiss you, right?
What other simple grooming tips can you add to this list?
I am excited to share with you a fun stocking stuffer idea for this holiday season that will help with these simple grooming tips for men: the Microtouch Switchblade.
From MicroTouch, maker of the leading men’s personal micro-groomer, comes the new SwitchBlade. No ordinary groomer, the SwitchBlade is the world’s first all-in-one, head-to-toe groomer that lets you remove hair anywhere with just one tool.
Designed to “switch” from micro-groomer to full-size trimmer with a cock of the head cover, the unit affords the ultimate man-scaping experience. With German steel blades and 4 comb attachments offering 5 levels of trimming, the closeness of the trim is entirely in your hands. Switch-Blade’s micro-trimmer is as efficient as its predecessor, MicroTouch MAX – for ears, nose, neck, eyebrows, and sideburns – while the new full-size trimmer allows “between barbershop” hair trims in addition to full body grooming.
Microtouch Switchblade affords the easy, clean, and close hair removal expected from more expensive groomers, and at $19.99 the SwitchBlade can’t be beat. Requires 2 AAA batteries.
Connect with the developers of the most successful As Seen on TV consumer products – Idea Village: