My Little Man was fussy last week. I mean really fussy. He couldn’t sleep well and he was crying a lot. We thought he had an ear infection after our long camping trip, but we were wrong. He was getting his first molar. 5 days later he started getting his second molar. Boy, those molars were tough for him – and for us. We were frustrated, tired, impatient, and praying for help.
How did you make it through those first molars with your baby?
5 Ways to Ease First Molar Discomfort
- Give your child something to chew on (teething ring, cold washcloth or even their toothbrush)
- Feed them foods that can help (apples, toast, frozen bananas, yogurt)
- Rubbing your child’s sore gums can be soothing
- Putting a topical pain relief gel on your child’s gum is helpful for a short amount of time
- Acetaminophen as a last resort can also help with difficult first molars
He now has 10 teeth which include his two molars. My goodness, my Little Man is growing up too fast! We are keeping his teeth cleaned and he has already been to the dentist. I am thankful we have Branam All Natural Tooth Gel to keep his little teeth clean! It is important for us to start his oral care routine young.
Do you have any first molar tips?
Disclosure: I was sent the above product for review purposes.