I am thankful that my daughter, who is 5, has pretty good table manners. We had to work on it though. She wants to stand, run around, chew with her mouth open, and eat whenever she wants to eat. But, we have consistently tried to teach her good meal habits. Here is a list of 8 table manners for kids:
1. Wash hands before dinner.
2. Don’t complain about the food.
3. Eat when everyone else eats or when your parents say you can eat.
4. Chew with your mouth closed.
5. Don’t talk with food in your mouth.
6. Say please and thank you.
7. Instead of reaching ask for the food to be passed to you.
8. Ask to be excused.
The Nûby™ Booster Seat enables our kids to sit at the table with us at a younger age. That way they can learn table manners early. This booster seat is safe, durable and strong. It features a wide sturdy base, and subtle contours that are comfortable and stylish. It comes equipped with safety straps that can be attached to most chairs. Holds up to 65 pounds!
Even Big Sister wants to sit in this one! At almost 50 lbs she is a bit too big, but this is so sturdy and durable I let her. Some days she just wants what brother has. I don’t mind giving in and letting her.
Available to purchase at www.buybabydirect.com.
Connect With Nûby™:
Which table manners are a must for your kids to follow?
Disclosure: I was sent the above products for review as a Nûby™ Mommy Blogger. All opinions are mine.