Thank you Little Tikes® for sponsoring today’s post.
When my Little Man turned 1 this month, we knew it was time to get out of the stroller and into his first bike. The 3-in-1 Trike from Little Tikes® was the best first bike we could have given him. He LOVES it. The months of June-August are off time for us. We are not traveling as much and we are home in Washington quite regularly. These months happen to be the nicest months as well. We spend a lot of time outdoors.
Our home sits beautifully in the Puget Sound and we live on a loop. The back side of our circle is literally on the water. It is great. We walk around our little 1/3 mile loop for exercise and family fun. Now that my Princess is riding her bike without training wheels we are often out in our very quiet, unbusy road. My Little Man gets fussy if we leave him in a stroller for too long. He does love sitting on the back of his daddy’s bike in a bike seat, but his favorite thing to do now on a nice late Spring day? Riding around in his Little Tikes® 3-in-1 Trike.
About the 3-in-1 Trike:
Designed for babies, toddlers and beginning riders, this attractive 3-in-1 Tricycle grows with your child!
Stage 1-Parent Push Trike-When the red waist bar is installed the child will be
unable to turn the wheel
Stage 2-Parent Guided Trike with parent handle
Stage 3-Kid Powered Trike
• Seat adjusts to 4 positions to fit almost any size child
• Adjustable, detachable push handle
•The trike with parent handle lets parents control direction with 1 hand
• 5-point seat belt harness and protective safety bar
• Non-slip pedals
• Footrests fold away and detach
• Durable metal/plastic construction
• Convenient beverage holder (water bottle not included)
• Extra large storage bucket with dumping feature, can hold up to 5 lbs. of items
(accessories pictured are not included)
• Removable shade canopy adjusts to any angle
• Durable, quiet-ride tires
• Weight limit up to 50 lbs.
• Assembly Required
Connect with Little Tikes
My favorite thing about the Little Tikes 3-in-1 Trike is that grows with the child. We have a house FULL of toys that he will outgrow. This is one item that will grow with him and I can own it longer. That is important for parents. Right now he is in the Parent Push stage of this trike. The next stage will be the Parent Guided stage. Then one day, maybe next summer, he will be in the Kid Powered stage. It will be exciting to see this progression. As a mother it is always bittersweet to see your kids growing up. I think one reason he loves this Trike is because it makes him feel like a big boy.
6 More Reasons I Love Little Tikes 3-in-1 Trike:
- I really like the 5 point harness belt. As he is riding his first bike, I feel safe knowing he is protected with his awesome seat belt. He is not going anywhere in this Trike. The trick is getting it just the right fit so it doesn’t slide down his shoulders.
- The beverage holder is a plus. This cup holder extends too, so different sizes fit in there. I love being able to pack my ice water, iced tea, or soda. A few of our strollers don’t have this, and I really need it.
- The adjustable, detachable handle is a big plus. It turns pretty easily, making maneuvering very manageable. My husband can push it one handed. I need both hands on it though. You need a bit of strength pushing a 27 pound 1 year old boy!
- The storage bucket is the right size for a small package of wipes, diapers, and his sippy cup. When I don’t have to carry a diaper bag with me, that is a big plus. We’ve been bringing this Trike with us to the mall, to family parties, community dinners, and on family walks, so I am getting spoiled not carrying a diaper bag.
- Sturdy plastic foot rests for his chubby little feet. They also fold away and detach when he gets bigger. I like this extra feature on the trike. He just seems more comfortable when he can rest his feet.
- The seat adjusts to 4 positions so it will fit almost any child. It adjusts easily, and stays safely. Since we have a chubby kid, the only thing I would have changed about the seat was made it a little bigger. But I do love that I can adjust it to fit him specifically.
The only thing I don’t like about the Little Tikes 3-in-1 Trike are the tires. They are bit soft. Rocks from the road embed in the tires quite easily and that leaves indentations. I don’t know if it will have much effect on the overall performance of the Trike but it isn’t attractive.
This is a minor complaint though. It isn’t enough of a problem, that I wouldn’t recommend this Trike as a great first bike. Because the Little Tikes 3-in-1 Trike is the perfect first bike for any child. Really. Family, friends and neighbors are loving it too. They keep asking me where I got it and praising the product.
Disclosure: I was sent the above product as a Little Tikes Brand Ambassador. All opinions are mine.