How to Get Fiber?
You all know I am on a weight loss program. It is not a diet though. It really is a lifestyle. For it to work, it has to be a lifestyle. So forget about the latest diet and exercise trends. There is not way you can lose in simple 10 minutes a day exercises or what ever fad it out there right now. Getting healthy and staying healthy is not a fad — it should be a lifestyle.
Part of my weight loss program includes getting enough fiber. One way to add fiber to your diet is by using psyllium fiber. This is the type of fiber found in Konsyl products. Why psyllium fiber?
Clinical studies have shown that 7 grams of soluble fiber from psyllium husk, taken daily as part of a heart healthy diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease by helping to lower cholesterol AND can help with weight management AND can help regulate constipation and diarrhea.
Konsyl Fiber Products
- The average adult needs about 25-38 grams of fiber per day – from foods and supplements.
- One serving of Konsyl fiber products provides the body with 6 grams of psyllium fiber
- sugar and gluten free
- all natural
- made with 100% pure psyllium
- safe for celiac patients, people with diabetes, pregnant and nursing mothers
- available in powder, capsule and single serve packet
Konsyl Fiber provides a variety of health benefits, such as:
- Relief of constipation and promotion of regularity (even while pregnant)
- Relief from various gastrointestinal disorders and a reduced risk of developing hemorrhoids
- Enhanced weight loss
- Decreased blood cholesterol levels, which can reduce risk of heart disease
- Healthy blood glucose and insulin levels, thereby assisting in the management of diabetes
My Two Cents: Fiber, including Konsyl Fiber was very important during my pregnancy. I talked with my midwife early on in my pregnancy with my Little Man and she also assured me that using Konsyl was safe and helpful for constipation during pregnancy. So I used it regularly. One tip: drink lots of water with this fiber supplement! It really works and it is such an easy way to get your fiber.
Connect with Konsyl
*Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product for review purposes. All opinions are mine.