We are hosting family, my sister in law and her husband and four children, this week in our corner of the country. It is always nice to have family come in the summer. This is their first stop on a summer RV tour. Their dream – bucket list, so to speak – was to buy an RV and travel around the country. They made that dream happen!
We travel in our family eight months out of the year for my husband’s work so though traveling across the country in an RV isn’t on our travel bucket list, we still love visiting cool places in this great country of ours. Though I have been to many, many states, (we counted once, it was a lot) there are still many places I’d love to see in our country. Here are four of those places I’d love to see:
- Mt. Rushmore
- Niagra Falls
When traveling, my husband and I love to be frugal. Here are some ways that we travel frugally:
- Book hotels on the internet (the rate is usually much cheaper)
- Use coupons to visit attractions (often you can find codes online or even on products in the store for admission savings)
- Find coupons for restaurants (many restaurants have coupons online or in the Sunday circular for savings)
- Pack healthy snacks and drinks (minimize the amount of food you purchase and you can stay more healthy while traveling this way)
- We also like to rent Redbox movies while traveling. They can be returned to any Redbox in any other place or state. It makes for cheap entertainment while on the road for our 4 year old.
- Look for souvenirs at the local big box store like Target, Walmart or Kmart – they are often cheaper than at attractions.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by CouponSnapshot.com – your one stop online source for coupons & deals. All opinions are mine.