Traveling 8 hours north of the Canadian border was not easy being as pregnant as I am, but it went pretty well. We arrived in Prince George, B.C. safely and easily. I stopped quite a bit for bathroom breaks and to stretch my legs.
Since we have arrived we have been getting great weather. The sun has been out almost every day and it has been over 50 degrees each day. (I still can’t figure out how much that is in Celsius, but our van tells us the temp in F.)
Things we recommend to do here:
- Fort George Park (amazing park and you can’t beat free!)
- The Exploration Place (a great children’s museum)
- Prince George Aquatic Center (between 12-1pm it is only a toonie and you can stay as long as you’d like!)
- Tim Hortons (we like to go to the mall and get a doughnut and walk around after to burn the calories). There are 8 Tim Hortons here in PG!
- Poutine – vegetarian gravy with cheese and french fries. A&W seemed to really popularize this dish but we like it at Costco better of all places. Plus, Costco is cheaper with larger portions. (Very yummy! But high calories. I told my husband once per week!)
I have to fly home early from this seminar since I am already 33 weeks pregnant. I am glad we are not too far away from home, and the flight won’t be too long. (Much better than driving the 10 hours.)
In the hot tub the other night a lady asked my husband what we were doing in Prince George and before he could answer my Princess said,
My daddy does seminars where he tells people all about Jesus.
Have you been to British Columbia before? It is quite beautiful up here. I highly recommend a visit.