Life as a mom and wife is busy. I just spent a week with family on vacation and realized how much busier it will be when we have two kids. How does life get so hectic? It is amazing! Our days are packed full and time seems to just fly by. Most days it is hard to believe that my Princess is already 3. The time has flown by.
So how do you save time? What shortcuts do you use to make your life easier? I really would love some ideas!
Here are 10 time saving tips that I like:
1. Meal Planning: When I take the time to plan my meals for the week. I really do save time. Not only do I save time standing in front of the fridge or pantry, but I also save time at the grocery store. Meal planning is a great way to save time and money. You won’t be buying an abundance of items that you might not use or need.
2. Costco: I know that I can save a lot of money by clipping coupons and driving to three different stores to shop for food, but I love that I can find most things I need at Costco. All the staples we regularly eat are there including many organic foods. Plus, when I get a large amount, I don’t need to drive to the store so often. Buying bulk at Costco really saves me time.
3. Lists: I love writing lists. I love to do lists and shopping lists alike. When I think of something I need to do or buy through out the day, I grab my pen and pad of paper and write it down. When I go to the store, I don’t need to worry about forgetting what I need, I have a list!
4. Deal Blogs: I don’t have time to do the matching of coupons and searching for deals. So I LOVE deal blogs. I subscribe to one in my email and each day I read the deals. It is so wonderful when someone else finds the deals and then combines them in one email newsletter. It saves me so much time.
5. Ironing: My husband wears a lot of dress shirts while we are traveling on the road. So when I wash them all, it saves so much time when they get ironed all at once. During the rest of the week, he can just take them off the hanger and not worry about ironing at the last minute. This is a huge time saver.
6. Organized day of shopping: We live about 25 minutes from all our shopping stores. So instead of going up every day to the stores, when I organize my lists and see where I have to go, I can get it all done. It saves me time the rest of the week, since I don’t have to drive up so often.
7. Motivated Moms Planner: I love this resource. This really saves time. I am an affiliate and this is my affiliate link. You will get a daily list of things that we as moms need to do. I LOVE this!
8. Storage: Put things back in the same place each time. I have a bowl on the kitchen counter, a file tower by my laptop, and a ledge by the front door. If I put important things in those places, it saves me time. I won’t be searching for my keys, that bill, those library books, or my sunglasses.
9. Lay out your clothes: I like to pick out clothes the night before when we have to get up early. For example, when we are getting ready for church, I’d rather have things picked out, clean, ironed, and ready. It saves time and also usually a fight.
10. Pre-make fun day bags: When we need to pack a bag for a day at the park, the beach or the zoo, I like to have the food (non-perisable), toys, sunscreen, towels, books, sunglasses, and change of clothes ready the day before. This saves time in the summer when we are usually scrambling to get out in the sunshine.
These are my ten ways to save time. What else should I be doing? I love saving time here!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”