I cannot believe it is already 2011. Wow! When I was a child, I thought we’d be flying in cars by now. Didn’t you? Shows you how much I knew.
So as I look back at 2010, I want to take the things I have learned and make some simple changes in my life for 2011 and beyond.
1. Kidney problems are not fun. Really, I need to drink more water and less diet soda. This is hard. But it is so simple. So I pledge to DRINK MORE WATER!
2. We watched Food Inc in 2010 and that resulted in buying organic produce and food whenever possible. It costs more but is a great investment. This year and beyond, I want to continue buying organic food but I want to make a pledge to rely less on process foods, even if they are organic. (Think chips, granola bars, boxed cereal, breakfast bars, fruit snacks… and list goes on.)
3. Prioritize my time. Did I get more productive in 2010 or less? I really wanted to start listening to those Spanish CDs but did I? Nope. I also wanted to learn to cook more vegan recipes from scratch. So this year, I pledge to prioritize my time a little better and just incorporate things that are important to me. Like daily, quality devotional time each morning. (Oh, man I am not a morning person!)
4. Potty training was not too difficult. Once she got the hang of it, it came naturally. Everyone told me she would do it when she was ready. Well people, you were right! So now I pledge to work on the Princess sleeping in her own bed, in her own room.
5. Excerise more. I know, I know, I say this every year. But with a treadmill in our family room, I don’t have any more excuses. I pledge to incorporate more exercise. I want my Princess to realize the importance of good health. It is not just eating well but getting regular, daily exercise.
So those are my few small yet simple things I want to do this year. But they are major and important to me. I want to invite you to take a pledge to make simple, positive changes in your life this year.
What Changes Would You Like To Make? I’d love to hear about them. Leave a comment and let me know.
*Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece.