1. Every morning, including this morning, when my Princess wakes up, squishing me into the smallest portion of the bed possible, she smiles and gives me big kisses. EVERY. MORNING. I am so blessed.
2. “Excuse You” is her phrase lately. It means “you move”. It is quite rude, but also cute. Today she even picked up a piece of paper that was in her way and told it “excuse you”.
3. “Eggie” is our word for egg. She loves scrambled eggs. Tonight as she is looking through coupon booklets (from my massive stack on the kitchen table/desk) she keeps repeating “eggie” because she wants to find a picture of it.
4. A five year old boy was riding a scooter in the apartment complex we are temporarily staying at, and he let my Princess ride it. She loved it! And she loves making new friends.
5. Tonight we called my parents back in Washington. It gets her very happy to hear their voice. As she was “talking” with them, she kept pointing at the seat beside her. She wanted them to come and sit by her. Awww… she misses them so much.
6. When I got off the phone, I told them I needed to do the dishes. On my way to the kitchen I stopped at the aforementioned table/desk and checked my email really quick. The Princess ran over and said “no” pointing at my computer and said “dishes”. Yep, she is my chore reminder. 🙂
7. At the seminar on Saturday night the teacher did “up/down” with the Princess. Basically she just picked her up, said “up”, put her down, and said “down”. Repeat this about 5 times. So now Isabella wants to play “up/down”. Do you know how heavy 28 lbs gets after 5 “up/downs”? Well, at least my arms are getting a work out.
8. I haven’t wrote much about my the Princess’ eating habits. But she does eat pretty well. The funny thing was I found her walking in the bedroom (as I was making the bed) with a bag of Baked Lays. By the time her dad took it back from her the bag was almost gone (it wasn’t full to begin with but there was a few good handfuls left). Man, where does all that food go? We took it laughed, and realized we need to put up the snack food higher in the pantry. At least they were baked.
9. The Princess has a new friend at church, a Ukranian/American girl who is 5 months older than her. She wears her hair in pig tails and my Princess loves to touch them. Last night while we were watching Monsters Inc. I pointed out the little girl’s pig tails and how cute they were. So today my Princess brought a hair tie to me and wanted pig tails. After I put them in, and we looked in the mirror (where she primped and smiled) she then said, “all done” and pulled them out. So much for cute pig tails. When, oh when, will she let us fix her hair?
10. Well, we are getting better at going potty on the toilet. The Princess does not mind going in the morning or other times through out the day when we put her on it. Today she came to me and said “pee pee” after she peed in her diaper, but it is a start. Then tonight she said, “poo poo”. Sure enough she had already pooed in her diaper. But she had just done it, so it was pretty clean. As I was changing her it only took 2 wipes. These days it usually takes more, so when I finished, she pointed at the container and said, “more”. I said you don’t need any more wipes. She said, “tickles”, “more”. She likes the feeling of the wipe cleaning her butt. How funny is that? What a goofy girl!