1. Isabella went potty all on her own yesterday! When we woke up, I went to the bathroom and left her on the bed. She got down and came in. Pointing at her potty chair she started pulling off her diaper. (Which, sometimes unfortunately, is not a good thing.) I did help her sit on the chair correctly since sometimes she sits too far forward and makes a pee pee mess. As she was sitting she started to giggle which I knew meant that pee pee was coming out. She jumped up when she was done and we sang and danced. I realized she did not wipe so I gave her a piece of toilet paper. She does not have that one down yet and she put it directly into the pee pee, getting her own hand wet. That’s okay, she loves to wash her hands.
2. One funny thing Isabella has been doing this week is pretending to go the bathroom. Like her daddy. She will stand up to the toilet and grab herself and pretend she is peeing at the toilet. It is quite funny. She is getting confused how to go potty I think.
3. We have definitely entered the phase of mimicking. This girl loves making noises of things: cars, trains, toys, words, she tries to make the sound of many things. It is cute. Should I be worried that she likes to make the noises instead of the words themselves? Hmmm…
4. Since we returned from our trip, Isabella has been sleeping terrible. She woke up 7 times in one night last night! It is getting crazy. I try to get her to sleep without breastfeeding but she just throws tantrums. (By the way I HATE tantrums!) I shouldn’t give in, but after an hour of being awake in the middle of the night, I can help it. I am going crazy myself. Not sure what to do about this one.
5. Blueberries, Blueberries, Blueberries! Safeway sold them this week 2 for $4 and we bought two. She has devoured the first clamshell. I counted and she ate 36 two days ago and 30 yesterday, in one sitting! Last night, Tyler, in a worried voice, told me her poop was a strange color. I said, “Blueberries.”
6. Her rash is getting so much better. It is almost non existent on her back, tummy and face. It is still on her arms and legs, but not as bad. I am so happy. It is not fun to have this rash for her or me. Thank you to all who have been praying for her.
7. We didn’t have her Elmo dolls on our 4 week vacation. So now that we are home she is holding and playing with them quite a lot. She even wraps them up in a scarf or mommy’s summer dress and gives him a bottle. She is being quite a good little mommy.
8. One oatmeal bath was all it took to give Isabella a phobia of oatmeal floating in the water. I think today I will try and let her pour the oatmeal in herself. One time she pooped in the bath water and that freaked her out. She cried this hard with the oatmeal too.
9. Happily, we went to the Old Navy extra 50% off clearance sale yesterday. I was able to get two outfits, one summer sweatshirt, one pair of shoes, and three pairs of socks all in 3T for next summer for $21! If you have an Old Navy nearby, it is worth it to go. The sale ends tomorrow.
10. As we are getting back in to our routine, I am trying to get her to eat at meal times in her chair, nap at regular hours, read books with mommy, help clean, and pray. We obviously prayed while we were on vacation but she seemed to get uninterested in talking to Jesus. So I have been coming up behind her, folding her hands, and letting her say Jesus and Amen. It is so cute. What a privilege to be training up this child. I need prayer each day for help though!
For more Top Ten Tuesdays head over to OhAmanda and participate!