For the 4th of July, I made fudge. It was my first attempt at making fudge and I was very pleased. Fudge is so simple to make and tastes oh so yummy.
I made S’mores Fudge because it just felt like a perfect summertime fudge to try. It was a hit too. I was hoping to have a few piece left over but it was gone by the end of the evening. I guess I have to make s’more!
I now have a fudge Pinterest board. I can’t wait to try other fudge flavors.
- 2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 pkg of baking chocolate
- 1 jar of marshmallow creme
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ¼ t salt
- 4 T butter
- 1 t vanilla
- 8 graham crackers, crushed (reserve some to sprinkle on top)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Over medium heat, mix marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk and salt. Bring to a full boil and stir constantly. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 230 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking chocolate and chocolate chips. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the graham crackers. Top with crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows. Place in fridge for 2 hours.
Have you made fudge before?
What is your favorite fudge to make?