We like quick, easy and tasty meals when we are travel from city to city across North America. Since we are only in one location for about 5 weeks at a time, I do plan a lot of our meals. I don’t want to have a lot of left overs when we are leaving so I like to buy simple food with little ingredients. We also have potluck at church most weeks we are traveling and a vegetarian easy casserole is a important recipe to have under your belt.
I am thankful for Minute Rice brown rice. It enables our family to eat healthy but also quickly. I don’t have time at this point in my life to be in the kitchen for long periods of time preparing elaborate meals. I wish I did. But when we are in a new city, I am often taking care of two kids who are vying for my attention.
A favorite easy casserole recipe that we enjoy is a simple broccoli and rice casserole. Does your family have a variation of this recipe too?
All you need is to mix brown rice, frozen broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese together and bake. So simple right?
- 2 Cups Minute Rice Brown Rice
- 1 10-12 oz bag of frozen Broccoli
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- optional: vegetarian chicken
- Cook Minute Brown Rice according to instructions on the box
- Cook frozen broccoli. I use the steamable bag for quick and easy non-soggy cooking
- Mix rice, broccoli, 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 cup of cheese in a casserole dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
Latest posts by LaVonne (Posts)
- Perfect for Dress Up: Almar Princess Dresses - December 6, 2013
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Super Adventure Gift Set Giveaway - December 6, 2013
- Girls Day Out: Disney On Ice - December 6, 2013