My daughter loves pretend play. We found a play kitchen on Craigslist when she was younger and anytime we find quality food items and kitchen accessories, it is difficult to pass them up. Pretend play is a frequent form of play in our home. Here is a list of pretend play ideas for your family:
- Laundry Basket Race Car – the stuffed animals go in and go for the ride of their life
- Superhero – “Super Girl” and now “Super Baby” fight crime with a simple towel tied around their shoulders.
- Restaurant – With a play kitchen in our home, this is a frequent pretend play idea
- Concerts – my Princess loves to sing, we have a pretend microphone and her brother and I are often the audience. She comes up with some good songs too.
- Wedding – we have a good amount of pretend play clothes or costumes including a wedding costume, a wedding is popular
- Doctor – my Princess loves playing doctor and I am a good patient. She dutifully takes notes and writes prescriptions.
- Grocery store – with our new pretend grocery basket with play food playing grocery store is simple and easy.
Gummy Lump Let’s Play House Grocery Basket With Food
If make-believe fun is on your shopping list, check out this all-in-one kitchen and grocery play set! This realistic wire grocery basket toy is just the right size for pretend play. It comes stocked with play food boxes and play food cans with pop-off lid – in all, eight sturdy, colorfully labeled packages to stock, load and “cook.” The wire basket is carefully designed to be comfortable to carry, easy to store and wonderfully durable. The sturdy handles fold flat for easy folding or stacking, then lift up to carry around the “shop.”
When we got home this weekend from Arkansas, this new toy was waiting for my Princess. She was HAPPY, to say the least. I was as well. It is smaller than I was expecting, but I didn’t mind that. The basket is sturdy and the right size for a child. The food boxes are cardboard but made well. I actually love the cans of food in this set. The lids fit tightly and also come out. This entire food basket is perfect for pretend play. My 5 year old loves it, and I always trust Melissa & Doug products to be quality and fun. We’d buy this for a friend’s birthday gift for sure. Your child would love it too!
Connect With Gummy Lump
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.