He’s More Important Than Social Media

Pin It
Baby Waving

This week he learned to wave!

We are in a new baby phase right now. The hold me all day phase or I will scream phase. Which is all good and well if we didn’t have a life. The hubster and I are finding that getting things done is becoming difficult.

This week our Princess had a terrible stomach flu. For 2 days she couldn’t hold anything down. Not even water. Our heart was breaking for her. She is such a good sick patient too, never complaining, crying or negative! So a baby phase and a stomach flu in one house has been difficult to say the least.

We were at our breaking point.

And I kept saying, “Why God?”

“Help me!”

“Please!?!”

You know those moments, right? Those ‘woe is me’ moments where you wonder where God is and why he isn’t giving you exactly what you want. This is where our faith is tested and we just have to trust God.

{Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5}

stomach flu

Eating food and feeling better!

I always breastfed him when he lays down for a nap. {I know, a bad habit to get into! I am already regretting it.} But yesterday, when I thought he was going to fall asleep, and I checked my Facebook account, I realized he didn’t want milk or sleep at all.

He wanted mommy time.

Time playing with mommy on the bed. Me just paying attention to him. Not social media.

This time is so short. I find it hard to believe my Princess is already 5. These last 8 months have just flown by. If I don’t pay attention I can easily miss all the great milestones that babyhood has. {Like waving hello and goodbye. So cute!}

So yes, I will close Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, turn off the iPhone and just pay attention to my Little Man.

It is not a hard decision to make at all.

He is more important than social media.

Pin It

Comments

1. says

Part of me is looking forward to that and part of me is wondering how in the world I’m going to maintain the blogging! But if #3 is anywhere as cute as your little guy, I’m thinking the cuddles are definitely going to win out over the blog! :)

• LaVonne says

I have two now. So most of my blogging happens after everyone goes to bed. Social Media often happens during nap time. Next school year I will be doing Kindergarten homeschool with my Princess so I know that blogging and social media will take a backseat – and rightly so.

2. says

You’re so right! It’s not a hard choice at all. These moments are precious, even in the wee hours of the night when you’re ready to pull your hair out. :)

3. says

I am reminded of this daily. Especially around naptime. Usually it’s my time to get caught up but some days it’s cuddle time with my kids as they fall asleep. Wouldn’t trade it for anything!

4. says

Cherish this time! Mine are 18 and 15 now. Don’t regret the nursing. Mine were 2 1/2 and 4 respectively when they weaned. I am a huge advocate of attachment parenting. Don’t get down about the amount of time your kids require :) I cannot believe how quickly they went from toddlers to teens!

• LaVonne says

We practice attachment parenting and though it’s hard I am sticking with it. I breastfed my 1st until she was 2 years old. You did until 4! Wow! I am impressed with that. God job mama!

Blessings!

5. says

He definitely is! And I can completely relate to how you were feeling. Sometimes I just want a moment to myself. I have to take a deep breath and try and see my child back through my mom eyes and not my “need a break” eyes!

6. says

Cherish every moment you can, time flies my oldest is 16 my youngest is 3. Do not regret nursing before nap, it is bonding time! Sorry your little one was not feeling well, that is always hard on everyone.

7. says

This happens to all of us. For me I just stop what I’m doing and attend to the kids, or my huge man-child (the hubby). Social media can wait, you’re so right. He’s more important. Good for you.