How is your holiday planning coming along? I am making lists and crossing off names and deciding what I still need to purchase this week. I think I will be done before mid-December this year! The giving season often becomes too busy and hectic. So it is nice to be able to plan ahead and get done shopping early.
During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is can be easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas. But a little thought and advanced planning make it easy to keep your heart in the holidays. Here are four ideas to give with purpose this holiday season:
- Organize a family giving night and have kids select charitable gifts from an organization such as the World Vision Gift Catalog. Talk with your children about how giving back changes lives of children and families living in poverty and that their efforts truly make a difference.
- Host a house party for friends and family and ask your guests to contribute to a share of a group gift such as a farm animal, winter clothing or school supplies to families in need, or even a water well. Make the selection of the item, how to raise funds for that gift, and the collection of the money a collaborative, group effort.
- After Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping, consider celebrating Giving Tuesday (12/3) and make meaningful, life-changing gift purchases such as medicine, mosquito nets or a fish pond.
- Be active in your giving – volunteer at your local homeless shelter or senior living center; cook a meal or bake cookies for an elderly family member or neighbor.
About The World Vision Gift Catalog
The World Vision Gift Catalog offers more than 250 items that help fight poverty and save lives here in US and around the world. With a financial contribution, donors can select one of the 30+ Handcrafted Gifts that can be shared with a loved one and at the same time help a person in need.
Here are 5 handcrafted gifts you can find in the World Vision gift catalog that I think would make great Christmas presents
- Hand Carved Serving Spoons
- Christmas Ornament Set
- Embroidered Silk Scarf
- Kenyan Patchwork Tote
- Prosperity Cinnamon
Connect with World Vision
Win World Vision Handcrafted Gift
One lucky Long Wait For Isabella reader will win their own Christmas Ornament Set: Animal Trio. This beautiful set of handmade Zakale wire & bead ornaments comes from Nairobi. Zakale crafts are made from recycled materials by Kenyan artisans, who received a loan from World Vision to grow their business and lift themselves out of poverty.
Enter the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win. This giveaway is open to US residents 18+. Good luck!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by World Vision.