We have a four year old and a 2 month old – we know about stains. It seems that we deal with stains on a daily basis actually. What about you? Does it feel that way at your house too?
Tara Aronson (via Frigidaire) has 5 steps to cleaner clothes for Frigidaire:
- Immediately rinse or blot away spills on your clothes with cool water to prevent stains from setting.
- Sort laundry by color, wash cycle needed, and water temperature required. The Frigidaire Affinity’s Permanent Press cycle washes with warm water and less agitation, resulting in less wear and tear on your sturdy jeans, khakis, and sweaters; the Delicates cycle uses cold water and light agitation to gently clean swimsuits, workout clothes, and lingerie.
- Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
- If your clothing is heavily soiled, your load large, or the water cold, add extra laundry detergent. Use the Affinity’s Heavy Duty cycle for sturdy but really dirty items like jeans and towels; choose the Sanitize setting to use the hottest water available to get rid of germs and grime as thoroughly as possible.
- Check wet garments for remaining stains, and re-treat as needed before drying. Heat will set stains.
In the summer, especially while we are camping, we are dealing with a lot stains. Here are 4 common summer stains and how to remove them:
Scrape off as much of the colorful surface as possible using a plastic picnic knife. Apply laundry detergent directly on the stained area. Gently rub the detergent into the fabric then let sit several minutes. Launder using the hottest water the fabric can handle – or the Sanitize setting of your Frigidaire Affinity washer. Dry as usual.
Prewash the garment in warm water in your washing machine –the Rinse & Spin cycle on your Affinity washer – and a laundry detergent containing enzymes. Launder as usual (normal setting) with detergent and chlorine bleach if safe for the fabric. If the garment’s care label instructions advise against it, use oxygen (color safe) bleach instead. Dry as usual.
Soak for a minute or so in cold water. Remove excess water, and then apply a pretreater directly on the stained area. Wash with detergent as usual. Air dry. Do not place in the dryer until the blight is completely gone – otherwise the stain is likely to set.
4. Chocolate (or chocolate ice cream)
Prewash the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent that contains enzymes using the Affinity’s Rinse & spin setting. Launder as usual, using the washing machine’s Normal setting. Dry as usual.
About the Adventures in Clean Facebook Promotion
When people visit Facebook.com/Frigidaire and share their personal Adventures in Clean, Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children, as part of its $750,000 commitment to the cause. It’s simple to share your Adventures in Clean – just upload a photo and the online app turns it into your very own movie poster! Plus, to help spread the word, everyone who participates will be entered for a chance to win a new Frigidaire Affinity® washer and dryer featuring Ready Steam™.
What stain fighting tips do you use in your home?
*Disclosure: I am a member of the One 2 One Network. This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Latest posts by LaVonne (Posts)
- Family Christmas Movie Night - December 5, 2013
- Lifetime Holiday Movie 4 Film Collection - December 4, 2013
- Toddler Must Haves: Bumbo Step Stool and Toilet Trainer - December 4, 2013