We bought our home in 2009 and it was carpeted. The carpet was high quality and was in excellent shape. Though it was a light color, which is not easy to have when you have small children, we decided to keep it for a while before we replace it with wood flooring. Each year we have been renting a carpet shampooer to really deep clean our carpet. Rushing to get the cleaning done in 24 hours was not fun. Now we have our own carpet cleaner – the Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner.
About the Hoover Max Extract 60
This MaxExtract® deep cleaner is designed to thoroughly clean carpets and rugs. This easy-to-use machine removes water, dirt and grime with pressurized cleaning, and has heated drying for a fast dry time. Features a double chamber nozzle to power wash surfaces with even suction across a wide path, while the automatic detergent system provides the right ratio of detergent and water for the best cleaning results. Patented Hoover® SpinScrub® brushes gently loosen dirt and clean all sides of carpet and upholstery fibers, with an adjustable speed control for various floor surfaces, including a Spill Pick-Up mode so you don’t scrub in spills.
- MaxExtract® DualV® Nozzle Technology – we’re pulling up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and you’ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Pressurized Edge-to-Edge Cleaning – a wall of pressurized water that loosens and lifts stubborn stains with constant and relentless spray.
- SpinScrub® 60 – counter-rotating brushes engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle. It’s like treating your carpet to a deep, massaging salon shampoo.
- Heated Cleaning – powerful motor with forced heated air to help speed dry time.
- Auto Conversion Tools – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your fingertips.
- SmartTanks™ System – separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty and rinse each tank individually!
- 16 oz Bottle of 2X CleanPlus™ Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer
- 9′ Clear Active Hose
- Upholstery Tool
Connect With Hoover
My Review of the Hoover Max Extract 60
We have finished 3 rooms in our home so far with the Hoover Max Extract 60 and we love it! The Hoover Max Extract 60 comes assembled in the box. The directions are simple to understand. The Hoover Max Extract 60 comes with a small bottle of carpet cleaner. There is one conflicting direction on the Hoover instruction guide. It tells you to use a certain amount of carpet cleaner and the cleaner bottle tells you another measurement. We went with the carpet cleaner (it used less cleaner) measurement. It is easy to add to the water tank. The smell of the included carpet cleaner is strong though. It may be hard on those in your household that have allergies. We were fine here though.
Clicking the tank in and out is quick and simple. Because it is a home carpet cleaner it has a small water tank. You have to change it often. Our bedroom took 3 tanks. The changing of the water will vary depending on how many times you go over the carpet. This did not bother us, because a smaller tank makes it more light weight than renting a machine at the local grocery store.
Activating the water/cleaner mix is as easy as the touch of a button on the handle of the Hoover Max Extract 60. The dual nozzle then sucks up the water very efficiently. Though our carpet was damp, we opened the windows and turned on two fans and the carpet was dry in about 6 hours. We recommend going over it with the drying suction more than recommended to allow it to dry more quickly.
The Hoover Max Extract 60 works well. The tank of used water was so brown, filled with dirt and hair – it was fascinating and gross all at the same time. That was under our feet – and we vacuum our carpet with a standard vacuum quite often! Be careful when dumping out the dirty water. Keep the tank level or you will spill it. The Hoover Max Extract 60 works just as well as those machines we were renting. We prefer it to those machines though because it is our own. No one else is renting it and using it. We don’t have to return it in 24 hours. We are so pleased with our Hoover Max Extract 60 and highly recommend it to anyone with carpet in their home.
Buy the Hoover Max Extract 60
You can purchase the Hoover Max Extract 60 at your local retailer, Target or Amazon.com.
*Disclosure: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.
Latest posts by LaVonne (Posts)
- Perfect for Dress Up: Almar Princess Dresses - December 6, 2013
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Super Adventure Gift Set Giveaway - December 6, 2013
- Girls Day Out: Disney On Ice - December 6, 2013