I started a new book this week, 40 Days: Prayers and Devotions. In addition to learning more about prayer, the Holy Spirit and journaling, I am also praying for 5 specific people for each day.
I had a hard time picking 5 people. I have 7 in mind, but I know there are more. We all know people in our lives that do not know Christ or who have fallen away from Him. It is heart breaking.
I don’t know about all of you but witnessing to those closest to me always seems to be the most difficult. A conversation occurs very easily while I am on the road visiting with our seminar guests, but at home, where it is vitally important? That is difficult, at least for me. But these are the people that I really want to saved.
Here are the verses I will be claiming for each person on my prayer list every day:
- That God will draw them to Himself (1 John 6: 44)
- That they seek to know God (Acts 17: 27)
- That they believe the word of God (1 Thess 2: 13)
- That Satan be bound from blinding them to the truth and that his influences in their life be “cast down” (2 Cor 4: 4, 10: 4,5)
- That the Holy Spirit work in them (John 16: 8-13)
- That they turn from sin (Acts 3: 19)
- That they believe in Christ as savior (John 1: 12)
- That they obey Christ as Lord (Matt 7: 21)
- That they take root and grow in Christ (Col 2: 6,7)
“When you pray for, and work for, those on your prayer list, God will not only use you to win others to Christ: He will draw you closer to Himself.”
Would you pray for me as I go through this book? I want to stay committed and I would love to see my own faith strengthened as well as lives changed.